Market capitalization is the aggregate valuation of a Company based on its current share price and the total number of outstanding share capital. It is calculated by multiplying the total number of shares issued by the Company by the current market price of one share. It is the collective wealth of all the shareholders put together.With the Chinese currency scenario, reducing oil prices, increase in interest rates by the US Fed, the global markets fell in the first month of 2016!
What is the Impact in India:
- Shareholders of Top 10 Companies lost INR 112,000 Crores
- Except Infosys, 9 out of 10 Companies lost wealth
- Reliance lost marginally due to good results
- Leader TCS lost INR 21,700 Crores, highest amongst the 10
- HDFC and HDFC Bank together lost over INR 25,000 Crores
- Coal India, ONGC and Hindustan Unilever saw 9% drop in their share price
- Overall Indian Market lost 7% against the Shanghai market which has lost 22% in 17 trading sessions in 2016.
|Rank||Company||Share Price||Market Capitalisation (INR Crores)|
|26th Jan 2016||1st Jan 2016||Up/(Down)%||26th Jan 2016||1st Jan 2016||Up/(Down)%|