- India COVID tally crosses 19.1 million with over 2 million deaths; recovery rate stands at 81.84%.
- Global Coronavirus caseload tops 152 million; US leads the global tally with 33 million cases.
- 15.22 crore vaccine doses administered; more than 1.28 crore doses administered Tika Utsav.
- States to set up Containment & micro Containment Zones; to ramp up tests to break transmission chain.
- Centre says national directives for COVID-19 management will continue throughout country till 31st May.
- Several states impose lockdown, night curfew to curb Covid surge.
- All Centrally protected monuments, sites & museums under ASI closed till May 15.
- Centre imports 20 cryogenic tankers, allocates them to states to address shortage of oxygen tankers.
- India to import 4.50 lakh vials of Remdesivir; first consignment to arrive today.
- Oxygen Expresses delivers cumulative 510 metric tonnes of oxygen to UP, Maharashtra, Delhi and MP.
- Over 40 countries offered assistance to India to fight COVID-19.
- Assembly elections: West Bengal records 81.76% voter turnout; 72.81% in Tamil Nadu; 81.88% in Puducherry, 74.57% in Kerala, 82.04% in Assam.
- Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra set to become the next CEC.
- PM Modi, Seychelles President Ramkalawan jointly inaugurate several Indian projects in Seychelles.
- India, France and Australia hold trilateral talks.
- UK PM Boris Johnson cancels delayed visit to India; Britain adds India to COVID-19 travel ‘red list’.
- S Jaishankar holds delegation-level talks with his Russian and UAE counterparts.
- India urges G20 members to ensure equitable access, widespread distribution of vaccines.
- World Banks approves $32 million project to improve health services in Mizoram.
- IAF Chief RKS Bhadauria flags off four Rafale aircraft for India in France.
- India, China agree to maintain stability on ground; avoid new incidents in eastern Ladakh.
- DRDO develops advanced technology to safeguard Indian Navy ships from enemy missiles.
- ISRO, French space agency to share expertise on human spaceflight.
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launches SARTHAQ initiative for implementation of NEP.
- Govt releases ₹4,000 crore for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Castes.
- CBSE, ICSE Class 10 board exams cancelled, Class 12 Board exams postponed.
- JEE Main April 2021 postponed, revised dates to be announced later.
- Monsoon rains in India to remain ‘normal’ for third year: IMD.
- Government simplifies process for re-issuance of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cards.
- Justice NV Ramana formally appointed as next CJI, to assume charge on April 24.
- President Biden unveils $2 trillion package to overhaul American physical infrastructure.
- US announces all US and NATO troops to leave Afghanistan by September 11; begins withdrawal.
- US Presidential Elections: US imposes sanctions on Russia; Moscow vows retaliation.
- US issues Level 4 health alert, asks its citizens to leave India in view of the escalating COVID-19 pandemic.
- China, U.S. agree to tackle climate crisis with urgency.
- Biden, Japan’s Suga commit to work together to meet China challenge.
- Boris Johnson gives go-ahead to next stage of England’s lockdown easing from April 12.
- Twice weekly rapid COVID-19 tests to be rolled out for all in England.
- Japan to expand emergency measures as needed amid fears of new COVID strains.
- Russia’s Putin signs law that could keep him in power until 2036.
- Chinese defence minister calls on Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa; discusses steps to boost bilateral ties.
- Blackout hits Natanz Atomic site, Iran describes it as nuclear terrorism.
- Prince Philip, husband of Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II, dies at 99.
- Myanmar unity government says it must be part of any ASEAN bid to end crisis.
- Lloyd Austin makes first Israel visit by Joe Biden official, Iran on the agenda.
- Pakistan govt bans Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) amid violent anti-France protests.
- French embassy asks all its nationals, companies to leave Pakistan amid security threats.
- NASA’s Mars helicopter takes flight, first powered flight on another planet.
- IPL 2021: Chennai Super Kings (CSK) strengthened their position at the top spot in points table.
- Pakistan’s Babar Azam dethrones Kohli after over 3-Year-long reign on Top of ODI Rankings for batsmen.
- French Open postponed to May 30 amid COVID-19 crisis.
- Tokyo Olympics: IOC push ahead with plans to open Tokyo Olympics during state of emergency.
- Asian Wrestling Championships 2021: India finishes 3rd with 14 medals including 5 Gold, 3 silver, 6 bronze.
- RBI keeps repo rate, reverse repo rate unchanged at 4% and 3.35%; projects GDP growth of 10.5% for FY22.
- Paytm, wallet accounts limit raised to ₹2 lakh; opens RTGS, NEFT connectivity with payment operators.
- RBI caps bank CEO tenure at 15 years, policy to be effective Oct 1.
- RBI issues guidelines for appointment of statutory auditors of banks, NBFCs.
- PLI Scheme: Cabinet okays ₹10,900 crore for food processing, ₹6,238 crore for solar modules, white goods.
- Centre releases ₹4,608 crore to States for providing grant-in-aid to local bodies.
- Govt to inject $2 billion capital in four weakened state banks.
- Piyush Goyal launches Startup India Seed Fund Scheme to create a robust startup ecosystem in the country.
- PM Modi meets pharma leaders, urges industry to ensure seamless supply of medicines.
- Govt to provide ₹4,500 crore booster to vaccine manufacturers for ramping up capacity.
- Supreme Court allows Vedanta to produce oxygen at Sterlite plant in Tamil Nadu.
- Centre bans supply of oxygen to industries to meet demand from COVID-19 patients.
- Indian Railways runs Oxygen Express trains to transport oxygen to states facing shortage.
- Major ports waive-off all charges for ships carrying oxygen and oxygen related equipment cargo.
- Railways converts more than 4,000 train coaches as COVID care-cum-isolation facility amid virus surge.
- Centre bans export of Remdesivir & its active ingredients till COVID situation improves in country.
- SII fixes price of covid vaccine Covishield at ₹600 per dose for private hospitals and ₹300 per jab for states.
- Bharat Biotech fixes price of Covaxin at ₹400 per dose for states, ₹1,200 for private hospitals.
- India indefinitely puts on hold AstraZeneca’s vaccine shipment to Canada.
- Panacea Biotec to produce 100 million doses of Sputnik V vaccine in India.
- US govt lifts export ban on essential raw materials required for manufacturing COVID vaccine in India.
- Sputnik V gets emergency use authorisation in India; to produce 850 million doses annually.
- Govt waives off import duty on Remdesivir to provide affordable medical care to Corona patients.
- Government amends insolvency law; introduces pre-packaged resolution process for MSMEs.
- Direct tax collection up 5% in FY21 at ₹9.45 lakh crore; refunds at ₹2.61 lakh crore.
- CBDT notifies new income tax return forms for AY 2021-22.
- Govt extends deadline for making payment under Vivad Se Vishwas scheme till June 30.
- ICICI Bank, Axis Bank to co-lead New Umbrella Entity (NUE) with Amazon, Visa as partners.
- Axis Bank to sell 100% stake in UK subsidiary to OpenPayd.
- HDFC Bank provides ₹500 crore to refund interest-on-interest on moratorium loans.
- Citi group, South Africa’s second largest bank – FirstRand Bank to exit retail banking business in India.
- IRDAI asks hospitals to provide cashless treatment for COVID-19 to policyholders.
- LIC earns ₹1.84 trillion in new premium in FY21, pays ₹1.34 trillion as claims last fiscal.
- Barbeque Nation, Macrotech Developers debuts in stock market.
- UK Home Minister Priti Patel approves extradition of Nirav Modi to India.
- SC stays further proceedings in Amazon-Future-Reliance case.
- KV Kamath committee clears Future Retail, Future Enterprises debt recast plans.
- PV retail sales rise 28%, two-wheeler registrations dip 35% in March: FADA.
- Mahindra joins hands with CERO to offer vehicle scrapping services for its customers.
- Swift dethrones the Alto as India’s largest selling passenger vehicle in FY21.
- Hyundai India achieves 1-million cumulative SUV sales in domestic, export markets.
- US auto industry calls for government help as it warns of impact of chip shortage.
- Toyota acquires US-based Lyft’s autonomous car division for $550 million.
- Hero MotoCorp ties up with Taiwan’s Gogoro to develop EVs; to establish battery swapping JV.
- Air France gets EU green light for €4 billion aid.
- Airlines ground some 737 Max jets after Boeing discloses electrical problem.
- Airbus and Dassault reach tentative deal on FCAS fighter.
- OPEC and allies agree to gradually boost crude oil output from May to July.
- Saudi Aramco agrees $12.4 billion deal to sell 49% stake in pipelines to U.S’ EIG Global Energy Partners.
- Cairn Energy offers to forego $500 million if India agrees to pay principal due.
- HCL Tech signs a multi-million dollar digital transformation and hybrid cloud contract with UD Trucks.
- Microsoft makes its second biggest acquisition, buys AI speech tech company Nuance for $19.7 billion.
- Dixon, Bharti Enterprises to form JV for manufacturing telecom products.
- Agriculture Ministry signs MoU with Microsoft for a pilot project in 100 villages to raise farmers income.
- LG becomes first major smartphone brand to withdraw from market due to losses.
- China’s Ant to become financial holding firm under enforced revamp.
- Reliance Retail extends deadline to complete ₹24,713 crore deal with Future Group.
- Amazon announces $250 million-fund for small and medium businesses in India.
- Flipkart, Mahindra Logistics join hands to accelerate use of EVs in last mile delivery.
- Softbank Group to invest $450 million in Swiggy at $5.5 billion value.
- Flipkart acquires Covid-hit travel booking portal Cleartrip.
- Byju’s acquires Aakash Educational Services; raises $150 million from UBS.
- Saregama inks global music licensing deal with short video platform Triller.
- Sony Pictures, Netflix sign exclusive streaming deal.
- Tarun Bajaj made new Revenue Secretary, Ajay Seth Economic Affairs Secretary.
- Expenditure secretary T V Somanathan appointed finance secretary in place of Ajay Bhushan Pandey.
- Bajaj Auto names Rahul Bajaj as Chairman Emeritus; Niraj Bajaj to take over as Chairman.
- NASSCOM appoints Accenture’s Rekha Menon as Chairperson.
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit rises 18% to ₹8,186 crores; NII rose 12% YoY, GNPA rose 1.32%, NNPA stood at 0.40%.
- ICICI Bank Q4 profit spikes 261% YoY to ₹4,403 crore, NII grows 17%, NNPA stood at 1.1%.
- Axis Bank posts Q4 profit at ₹2,677 crore as provisions dip, NII grew 11% YOY to ₹7,555 crore.
- IndusInd Bank Q4 net profit jumps over two-fold to ₹876 crore, provisions fall 24%.
- Yes Bank Q4 net loss widens marginally to 3,788 crore.
- RIL Q4 Consolidated PAT jumps 129% YoY to Rs 14,995 crore; firm to pay ₹7 dividend.
- TCS Q4 net profit jumps 15% to ₹9,246 crore; revenue at ₹ 43,705 crore.
- Infosys net profit rises 17.5% YoY to ₹5,076 crore in Q4, announces ₹9,200 crore buyback.
- Wipro posts 27.7% YoY increase in Q4 net profit to ₹2,972 crore, revenue up at ₹16,245 crore.
- HCL Tech Q4 Net profit down 26% QoQ at ₹2,962 crore, revenue grew 1.8% to ₹19,642 crore.
- Tech Mahindra Q4 profit falls 17.4% QoQ to ₹1,081.4 crore, revenue up 0.9% at ₹9,729.9 crore.
- TVS Motor posts three-fold increase in Q4 net profit at ₹289 crore in Q4 FY21.
- Nestle India reports 14.6% jump in Q4 profit at ₹602 crore, revenue up 8.5% at ₹3610.82 crore.
- HUL Q4 profit up to ₹2,143 crore, revenue rises 35% to ₹12,132 crore; announces dividend of ₹17/ share.
|Indices||30-Apr||31-Mar||%1M||01-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||67.25||63.54||5.84%||66.29||1.45%|
|Crude Nymex $||63.58||59.39||7.06%||61.30||3.72%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||2.11%||63.24%||17.43%||11.21%||67.38%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Government Bond 10Y||6.03%|
|Forex Reserves $ M||584110|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII (Rs. crore)||MF (Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||(1,412)||25,558|
|Total Since Jan||50,033||14,142|
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.