- Budget Session of Parliament concludes; Lok Sabha clocks 129% productivity, Rajya Sabha 99%.
- President gives assent to Bill unifying Delhi’s 3 Municipal Corporations.
- PM Modi launches projects worth ₹20,000 crore in 1st J&K visit since article 370 move.
- Centre sanctions ₹1584.25 crore for Panchayati Raj institutions to strengthen grassroots democracy in J&K.
- India, US reaffirm commitment to promote regional stability and rule of law at 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue.
- PM Modi, WHO Chief, Mauritius PM inaugurates WHO-Global Centre for traditional medicine in Jamnagar.
- India signs 7 MoUs for social development projects worth over ₹12.96 crore with Maldives.
- UK PM Boris Johnson visits India; India, UK sign defence cooperation agreement, promise FTA by year end.
- PM Modi, EU President Ursula von der Leyen hold talks; agree on establishment of trade council.
- India, US sign MoU on Space Situational Awareness at 2+2 ministerial meeting.
- PM Modi and Nepal PM S B Deuba finalise 4 pacts to expand ties in areas such as railways, energy.
- PM Modi, Ratan Tata inaugurate 7 state-of-the-art cancer hospitals in Assam.
- Hindi should be an alternative to English and not to local languages: Amit Shah.
- Vinay Mohan Kwatra takes over as foreign secretary from Harsh Vardhan Shringla.
- Govt announces changes in defence acquisition procedure, Military hardware import exempted.
- Rajnath Singh releases 3rd positive indigenisation list to develop India as a defence manufacturing hub.
- Lt Gen Manoj Pande named new Army chief, first from Corps of Engineers.
- India successfully test fires anti-tank missile ‘Helina’ from advanced light helicopter in Ladakh.
- IAF’s Chinook performs longest non-stop journey from Chandigarh to Assam, covers 1910 km in 7.5 hours.
- Russia begins delivery of second unit of strategic S-400 missile system to India.
- UIDAI, ISRO ink technical collaboration pact to develop Bhuvan-Aadhar.
- SC fixes timeline for filing claims for COVID-19 ex-gratia; 60-day limit for deaths occurred before March 20.
- PM Modi inaugurates Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya, a museum to honour all Prime Ministers of country.
- UGC allows students to pursue two full-time academic programmes simultaneously.
- Jaishankar meets UN chief Guterres, discusses key issues including Ukraine situation.
- Centre extends AFSPA in 3 districts of Arunachal Pradesh for 6 months.
- Andhra cabinet reconstituted; 14 new ministers inducted; 13 new districts inaugurated.
- Odisha extends additional free rice distribution for 6 months under state food security scheme.
- Punjab Assembly passes resolution seeking immediate transfer of Chandigarh to state.
- AAP govt announces 300 units of free power in Punjab from July 1, 2022.
- Delhi, Punjab sign knowledge-sharing pact for better health, education.
- Assam govt to provide 70 MW electricity every month to 20 lakh people.
- Prashant Kishor presents roadmap for 2024 polls to Congress leadership; declines offer to join party.
- Sitaram Yechury gets third term as CPM General Secretary, 3 new faces in Politburo.
- India’s total COVID – 19 cases at 4.31 crore, death toll at 5.24 lakh; daily COVID cases cross 3,600.
- Global COVID caseload rises to 51.3 crore, fatalities at 62.3 lakh.
- Shanghai extends COVID-19 lockdown till April 26 as death toll rises to 36.
- Russia intensifies attack in Ukraine as war enter 3rd month.
- UNGA ousts Russia from Human Rights Commission; India abstains from voting.
- Ukrainian President Zelenskyy addresses UN Security Council for 1st time since Russian invasion.
- UN Secretary-General Guterres separately meets Putin and Zelenskyy.
- US Secretaries Blinken and Austin met with Ukraine President in Kyiv.
- Putin introduces visa restrictions for citizens from “unfriendly countries“.
- Russia appoints new General to oversee Ukraine invasion; raises emergency spending fund by $3.5 billion.
- US announces $100 million in additional military aid to Ukraine.
- UK PM Boris Johnson, Presidents of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland visit Ukraine.
- Russia’s Putin, Saudi’s bin Salman discuss bilateral ties and oil.
- Australia, UK, US alliance ‘AUKUS’ to develop hypersonic missiles.
- Emmanuel Macron beats far-right rival Le Pen to win second term.
- Sri Lankan President announces new Cabinet, PM Mahinda only member from powerful Rajapaksa clan.
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan ousted in no-trust vote; Shehbaz Sharif sworn in as 23rd Prime Minister.
- China signs military pact with Solomon Islands despite US warning.
- UK PM Boris Johnson pays partygate fine, offers ‘full apology’.
- UK finance minister Rishi Sunak cleared of ethics breach over family’s tax status.
- Australian Prime Minister calls federal elections on May 21.
- Turkey court halts Jamal Khashoggi murder trial transfers it to Saudi Arabia; President Erdogan visits Saudi.
- Myanmar court sentences Suu Kyi to 5 years in jail for corruption.
- Indian GM Praggnanandhaa wins Reykjavik Open chess tournament.
- IPL: Gujarat Titans are leading the points table with eight wins and just one loss in their first nine matches.
- CSK’s Dwayne Bravo becomes highest wicket-taker in IPL with 171 wickets to his name.
- BCCI announces South Africa to tour India for 5 match T20I series, starting June 9.
- Australia beat England by 71 runs to win a record-extending 7th ICC Women’s World Cup title.
- Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah among Wisden’s five ‘Cricketers of the Year’.
- Andrew McDonald named head coach of Australian cricket team.
- West Indies all-rounder Kieron Pollard announces retirement from international cricket.
- RBI keeps rates unchanged, lowers GDP growth to 7.2%; increases inflation projection for FY22-23 to 5.7%.
- India’s industrial growth edges up to 1.7% in February from 1.5% in January.
- Retail inflation surges to a 17-month high of 6.95% in March from 6.07% in February.
- India’s trade deficit touch $18.51 billion in March, exports rose nearly 20% to $42.22 billion.
- Chartered Accountants, Cost and Works Accountants and Company Secretaries (Amendment) Bill passed.
- Govt brings around 96% Post Offices brought under core banking system.
- India extends credit, fuel, food to bail Sri Lanka out of economic crisis.
- India Australia ink economic cooperation and trade pact, over 95% of Indian goods to get duty-free access.
- India’s agriculture exports touch historic high of 50 billion in 2021-22.
- India’s tax collections surge to ₹27.07 lakh crore in FY22; ₹2.24 lakh crore IT refunds issued in FY22.
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of multiple development projects at Banas Dairy Sankul in Gujarat.
- Nirmala Sitharaman meets IMF chief and US Secretary of Commerce; meets CEOs of large global firms.
- Rajnath Singh exhorts US aerospace, defence majors to join ‘Make in India, Make for the World’ drive.
- PM Modi and Nepal PM jointly launch RuPay payment card in Nepal.
- Commercial LPG cylinder price hiked by ₹250, ATF hiked by 2%, Petrol, diesel prices unchanged since Apr 6.
- Cotton prices hits all-time high in India at ₹43,240/bale.
- Govt sells 51% stake in helicopter services provider Pawan Hans to Star9 Mobility for ₹211 crore.
- Andhra Pradesh cancels Adani’s bids to supply imported coal.
- Govt approves 61 proposals of over ₹19,000 crore under PLI scheme for textiles.
- Centre infuses ₹5,000 crore into 3 state-run insurance companies.
- Govt amends FEMA rules to allow 20% foreign direct investment in LIC.
- SEBI revises UPI payment limit for retail investors in IPOs from ₹2 lakh to ₹5 lakh.
- RBI issues new rules, penalties for credit & debit cards.
- Mutual funds add over 3 crore folios in FY22 on sharp rally in equity market, digitisation.
- LIC IPO to open on May 4, price band set at ₹902-949 a share; to raise up to ₹21,008 crore.
- HDFC, HDFC Bank merger to create third-largest company in India.
- Bandhan Group-led consortium acquires IDFC AMC for ₹4,500 crore.
- EU approves ban on Russian coal in new round of sanctions.
- IMF cuts global growth forecast to 3.6% citing Russia-Ukraine war, trims India forecast to 8.2%.
- Sri Lanka raises key interest rates by 700 bp to 14.5%; inflation rises 29.8% in April, food inflation 46.6%.
- World Bank agrees to provide $600 million in financial assistance to Sri Lanka.
- US inflation climbed to 8.5% in March, highest rate since 1981.
- UK inflation jumps to 30-year high of 7.0% in March.
- Egypt adds India as new wheat supplier following disruptions by Ukraine and Russia war.
- WHO suspends Covaxin supply through United Nations agencies citing manufacturing deficiencies.
- SII, Bharat Biotech halt production of Covid vaccines as demand slips.
- Passenger car exports are up 43% in FY22; Maruti Suzuki leads segment.
- Electric vehicle retail sales zoom over three-fold to 4,29,217 units in 2021-22.
- Nitin Gadkari announces, ‘heavy penalty’, recall of EVs after e-scooters catch on fire.
- Alliance Air officially separates from Air India following privatization, moves to own website, flight code.
- Made-in-India Dornier 228 takes off on maiden commercial flight from Assam to Arunachal Pradesh.
- Biden announces historic oil reserve release to soften gas prices.
- Oil sinks below $98 as China’s lockdowns imperil demand outlook.
- Indonesia bans palm oil exports as global food inflation spikes.
- Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway buys over 11% stake worth $4.2 billion in IT Giant HP.
- Wipro acquires consulting firm Convergence for $80 million and global SAP firm Rizing for $540 million.
- EU sets new online rules for Google, Meta to curb illegal content.
- Twitter accepts Elon Musk’s $44 billion acquisition offer; Musk sells $4 billion of Tesla stock.
- Amazon, SpaceX grabs NASA’s $278 million space communications contracts.
- CBI files charge sheet against former NSE Chief in co-location scam.
- France issues international arrest warrant against former Nissan Motor company chairman Carlos Ghosn.
- SC disposes Amazon-Future case as parties agree to resume Singapore arbitration proceedings.
- Apple starts iPhone 13 production in India through Foxconn.
- Flipkart invests $116 million in fashion retailer Myntra amid challenge from Reliance, Nykaa.
- Reliance calls off ₹24,713-crore deal with Future group after secured creditors rejection.
- Netflix loses 200,000 subscribers in 100 days; first time in over 10 years.
- Rajiv Kumar to step down as Niti Aayog Vice Chairman; Suman Bery to take over from 1 May.
- Wipro appoints Satya Easwaran as India head.
- HDFC Bank net profit up 23% YoY to ₹10,055 crore, NII up 10% to ₹18,872 crore; dividend at ₹15.50/share.
- ICICI Bank profit surges by 59% to ₹7,019 crore, NII up 20% to ₹12,605 crore, declares ₹5/share dividend.
- Axis Bank Q4 profit jumps 54% YoY to ₹4,117.8 crore, NII grew by 16.7% to ₹8,819 crore.
- IndusInd Bank Q4 net profit jumps 55% YoY to ₹1,361 crore; dividend at ₹8.50/share.
- HCL Tech net profit zooms 226% to ₹3,593 crore, revenue grew 15% YoY to ₹22,597 crore.
- TCS Net profit rises 7% YoY to ₹9,926 crore, revenue grows to ₹50,591 crore.
- Wipro Q4 profit rises 3.9% YoY to ₹3,092.5 crore, revenue grew 28.4% YoY to ₹20,860 crore.
- Infosys profit rises 12% YoY to ₹5,686 crore, revenue up 23% to ₹32,276 crore, declares ₹5/share dividend.
- Maruti Q4 PAT rises 58% YoY to ₹1,839 crore, announces dividend of ₹60/share.
- Bharti Airtel partners Apollo Hospitals, Cisco to create 5G connected ambulance.
- HUL Q4 Profit rises 7% YoY to ₹2,327 crore, revenue up at ₹13,462 crore; declares ₹19 per share dividend.
- Nestle Q1 net profit slips 1.25% to ₹594.71 crore, net sales increased 9.74% to ₹3,950.90 crore.
- Biocon Q4 net profit falls 4.2% to ₹283.9 crore, revenue rose 30.8% YoY to ₹2,408.8 crore.
|Indices||29-Apr||31-Mar||% 1M||04-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||109.34||104.64||4.49%||79.77||37.07%|
|Crude Nymex $||104.69||100.03||4.66%||76.80||36.32%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||-2.04%||-19.68%||-0.55%||1.07%||-4.12%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Exports in ($ Bn)||42.22|
|Imports ($ Bn)||60.74|
|Government Bond 10Y||7.14%|
|Forex Reserves ($ Bn)||600420|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII(Rs. crore)||MF(Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||(3,680)||(13)|
|Total Since Jan||(1,12,681)||63,407|