- Winter Session of Parliament concludes six days ahead of schedule; both Houses pass nine bills.
- 97% productivity recorded in Lok Sabha, 102% in Rajya Sabha.
- BJP secures over 52% vote share in Gujarat; Bhupendra Patel takes oath as CM for 2nd consecutive term.
- Himachal: Congress wins 40 of 68 seats; Sukhvinder Sukhu takes oath as CM, Mukesh Agnihotri as Deputy.
- AAP becomes latest political outfit to get ‘national party’ status
- Delhi MCD Election 2022: AAP crosses the majority mark and wins 134 seats.
- Maharashtra first state to pass Lokayukta Bill that will bring CM, Cabinet under its ambit.
- ECI calls all-party meeting to demonstrate remote voting tech for domestic migrants.
- India begins its G20 presidency; PM calls on states to showcase rich potential & vibrant culture in events.
- Jaishankar meets UAE counterpart in Abu Dhabi, discusses regional issues.
- India and Finland sign joint declaration of Intent on migration and mobility between the two countries.
- India, Germany ink migration and mobility partnership agreement.
- PM Modi virtually inaugurates 3 National Ayush Institutes, to promote traditional medicine research.
- PM Modi unveils several development projects worth over ₹6,800 crore in Tripura, Meghalaya.
- India, China hold 17th round of military talks on eastern Ladakh.
- India receives 36th and final Rafale aircraft from France as last one lands in Delhi.
- Indian Navy commissions INS Mormugao – Stealth Guided-Missile Destroyer.
- Indian Navy opens up special forces MARCOS for women in historic move.
- Amit Shah meets Karnataka-Maharashtra CMs, says panel to resolve border issue between both States.
- Punjab Cabinet gives nod for recruiting 1,800 constables, 300 sub-inspectors every year.
- Rajasthan CM Gehlot announces Ujjwala LPG refills at ₹500 from April 1.
- Assam govt launches ‘Orunodoi 2.0’, scheme to benefit over 1 million people.
- Centre asks States & UTs to step-up genome sequencing as Covid cases surge globally.
- Govt makes RTPCR test mandatory for International passengers from six countries including China.
- Update documents for Aadhaar numbers issued over 10 years back: UIDAI.
- SC launches app 2.0 that will allow law officers to watch live court proceedings.
- Delhi liquor scam: CBI questions Telangana CM’s daughter K Kavitha.
- India, along with Russia, China, abstains on UN resolution calling for end to violence in Myanmar.
- CPN-Maoist Centre chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ named Prime Minister of Nepal.
- Japan, S Korea, US slap sanctions on N Korea over missile tests.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin says ready to negotiate with Ukraine; alleges west blocking peace efforts.
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy delivers impassioned plea to Congress, asking for more help fighting Russia.
- COP27 summit agrees on climate fund for ‘loss and damage’ in landmark deal.
- US approves Ukraine aid of $45 billion including arms after Zelensky visit.
- EU Commission proposes ninth package of sanctions against Russia.
- G7 pledges to meet Ukraine’s ‘urgent’ air defence requirements.
- Pakistan to supply ammunition to Ukraine; likely to get Mi-17 chopper upgrades in return.
- China shares current COVID-19 situation, treatment, and vaccinations with WHO as cases surge.
- Japan unveils unprecedented $320 billion military build-up.
- Historic winter storm slams US; airlines cancel thousands of U.S. flights over storm.
- Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi convicted of corruption, jailed for 7 years.
- Benjamin Netanyahu sworn in as Israel’s Prime Minister for 3rd term.
- South Korea pardons former president Lee Myung-bak for corruption crimes.
- Joe Biden, Emmanuel Macron vow unity against Russia, discuss trade row.
- US Capitol riot panel calls for Donald Trump’s prosecution with criminal referral.
- New Zealand passes legislation banning cigarettes for future generations.
- COP15: Over 190 nations adopt landmark biodiversity pact to restore natural ecosystems.
- Taliban bans women, girls from attending universities in Afghanistan, orders NGOs to ban female staff.
- National Sports Awards 2022: President Droupadi Murmu hands out Arjuna Award to 25 Indian athletes.
- Government recognises e-sports as part of multisports events.
- Legendary athlete PT Usha elected unopposed as first woman president of IOA.
- IPL turns into decacorn as its valuation zooms 75% to $10.9 billion.
- IPL 2023: Sam Curran costliest buy in history at ₹18.5 crore for PBKS; RCB acquire Will Jacks, Reece Topley.
- India vs Bangladesh: India sweeps the test series 2-0.
- Pakistan vs England: England seal historic 3-0 test series victory in Pakistan.
- India Women vs Australia Women T20I: Australia seal series 4-1.
- Neeraj Chopra displaces Usain Bolt as world’s most written-about athlete.
- Rafael Nadal, Iga Swiatek named International Tennis Federation world champions for 2022.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Argentina beat France 4-2 on penalties to win their third World Cup title.
- Kylian Mbappe wins World Cup Golden Boot after scoring hat-trick in Qatar 2022 final.
- 2026 FIFA WC hosts US, Mexico, Canada take diplomatic handover from Qatar.
- Neymar ties Pele’s record as Brazil’s all-time leading scorer with 77 goals.
- Pelé, Brazil World Cup winner and football legend, dies aged 82.
- BCCI announces schedule for Mastercard home series against Sri Lanka, New Zealand & Australia.
- India-Australia Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement comes into force.
- 48th GST Council meeting; no tax increase on any item; decision on tobacco taxation not taken.
- Council gives nod to decriminalise 3 types of offences, raises limit for launching prosecution to ₹2 crore.
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurates country’s biggest Business Jet Terminal in Kochi.
- Railway ministry seeks 30% hike in FY24 Budget allocation.
- Gadkari inaugurates NH projects worth ₹2,444 crore in MP and NH projects worth ₹1,800 crore in Nashik.
- India manufacturing PMI hits 3-month high of 55.7 in November as inflation cools.
- India extends policy to import refined palm oil at lower duty of 13.75%.
- Govt approves ₹4,500 crore for revival of existing unserved, underserved airports, AAI, and PSUs.
- Centre collects ₹60.40 crore from TDS on virtual digital assets (VDAs).
- Govt approves ₹1.64 lakh crore revival package for BSNL.
- Govt allocates ₹120 crore for PLI scheme for drone industry; guidelines released.
- Govt clears ₹357 crore for Foxconn under PLI scheme for phone manufacturing.
- Govt slashes windfall tax by 65% on Petrol, Diesel, ATF Exports.
- Centre expert body, state drugs control administration start joint inspection of drug manufacturing units.
- Centre appoints MeitY as the nodal ministry for gaming.
- Power ministry, DRDO Ink Pact to Install Early Warning Systems for Power Stations.
- Google, DigiLocker partner to bring on-device storing of government IDs.
- UP receives investment proposals worth ₹7.12 lakh crore from 16 countries.
- RBI’s kicks off first pilot of retail digital Rupee from December 1.
- RBI hikes repo rate by 35 basis points to 6.25%, retains FY23 retail inflation projection at 6.7%.
- GDP growth forecast for FY23 lowered to 6.8%, inflation expected to be above 4% in the next 12 months.
- IDBI Bank signs agreement to transfer IDBI MF business to LIC Mutual Fund.
- CBI arrests Chanda Kochhar, husband Deepak Kochhar and Videocon founder Venugopal Dhoot.
- SEBI issues ₹6.42-crore demand notice to Sahara group firm, Subrata Roy, others in OFCD issuance case.
- Market debut: Dharmaj Crop, Uniparts India, Sula Vineyards, Landmark Cars, KFin Technologies.
- Worldline ePayments India, Fintech startup Paysharp get RBI’s nod to act as payment aggregator.
- Merger approval process kicks off for Air India and Vistara.
- Russia announces oil exports ban to countries with price caps from February.
- Fed lifts key rate by half-point to a range of 4.25% to 4.5%, its highest level in 15 years.
- Bank of England raises key rate a half point to 3.5%, highest since 2008.
- England unveils first pound notes featuring King Charles III following death of Queen Elizabeth II.
- US, Africa seal $15 billion in trade investments during Washington summit.
- Sri Lanka resumes international flights from Mattala Rajapaksa Airport.
- HCL Tech collaborates with Intel, Mavenir to provide 5G enterprise tech solutions.
- Jet Airways senior management, pilots, crew call it quits as relaunch stays uncertain.
- Tata Steel, TuTr Hyperloop join hands to develop hyperloop technology.
- India makes USB Type-C charging mandatory for device makers from March 2025.
- U.S. awards defense contract of over $1 billion to Lockheed Martin.
- Pentagon splits $9 billion cloud contract between Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Oracle.
- Microsoft launches real-time voice translation feature in Skype using AI.
- Meta and Airtel to jointly invest in telecom infrastructure to cater rising high speed data demand.
- Bharat Biotech’s intranasal Covid vaccine approved by govt, to be available on CO-WIN..
- World’s 1st intra-nasal vaccine for Covid gets CDSCO nod for emergency use.
- Serum Institute to provide 2 crore Covishield doses to central govt free of cost.
- Jio, Bharti Airtel launch 5G services in major cities.
- Reliance Consumer Products to acquire 51% stake in Lotus Chocolate for ₹74 crore.
- Tata Group consolidates ecommerce business under Tata Digital.
- US House bans TikTok on all House-managed devices over ‘security risks’.
- Founders Prannoy Roy, Radhika Roy exit NDTV, transfer most stakes to Adani.
- Flipkart, PhonePe complete separation, both to operate under Walmart.
- Centre issues new rules for Bharat series registration mark for vehicles.
- Air India draws up $400-million revamp plan for cabin interiors of wide body fleet.
- Kalyani Rafael rolls out Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) Kit for Indian armed forces.
- Boeing closes in on large 737 Max order from Tata Group’s Air India.
- Hyundai becomes world’s 3rd largest carmaker, set to overtake Toyota, Volkswagen.
- Nagpur Metro creates Guinness World Record for constructing world’s longest double-decker viaduct.
- Foxconn unit invests $500 million in India affiliate.
- Intel splits Graphics chip unit into Two, Consumer Graphics division to join Client Computing Group.
- EU sets December 2024 deadline for common charger directive on phone OEMs.
- Vedanta inks MoU with 30 Japanese firms for making semiconductor.
- Meta to pay $725 million damages for sharing user data with Cambridge Analytica.
- EU tentatively agrees $60 price cap on Russian seaborne oil.
- EU gets landmark deal to bolster carbon market in green push.
- HUL acquires majority stake in OZiva and 19.8% in Wellbeing Nutrition.
- Wipro Consumer acquires Kerala based food firm Nirapara.
- Reliance Retail to acquire METRO Cash & Carry India for ₹2,850 crore.
- Torrent wins race to acquire Reliance Capital with ₹8,640 crore offer to lenders.
- Walmart, Flipkart join hands with NSIC to help MSMEs grow, unlock export potential.
- Samsung Electronics appoints Lee Young-hee as its first female President.
- SpiceJet shareholders’ approve re-appointment of Ajay Singh as Director.
|Indices||30-Dec||30-Nov||% 1M||04-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||86.00||86.86||-0.99%||79.77||7.81%|
|Crude Nymex $||80.44||80.53||-0.11%||76.80||4.74%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||16.68%||-27.30%||13.22%||16.85%||-10.28%|
|Exports in ($ Bn)||31.99|
|Imports ($ Bn)||51.88|
|Government Bond 10Y||7.33%|
|Forex Reserves ($ Bn)||562810|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII(Rs. crore)||MF(Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||(312)||6,986|
|Total Since Jan||(1,19,537)||1,22,083|
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.