- Assembly elections to be held between 27th March to 29th April; counting will take place on 2nd May.
- Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Puducherry to vote in 1 phase; Assam in 3 phase voting, West Bengal in 8 phase.
- India’s COVID-19 tally reaches 11.11 million with over 216 million tests done; Recovery rate stands at 97.05%.
- Over 14 million administered COVID-19 vaccines in the country so far.
- Global COVID-19 cases tops 114 million with 2.54 million deaths.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan launches Mission Indradhanush 3.0, to focus on children, women’s vaccine doses.
- Made in India COVID vaccines were supplied to 25 nations and 49 countries across the world: S Jaishankar.
- Centre issues fresh guidelines for international travellers as new strains found in India.
- Nepal, India jointly inaugurate road link connecting Indo-Nepal border.
- India, Qatar hold fourth foreign office consultations, exchange views on issues of mutual interest.
- Govt launches pilot survey on drinking water in 10 cities under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- PM Modi, Afghan President hold virtual summit; MoU signed on construction of Shahtoot dam project.
- PM Modi speaks to US President Biden, discuses regional issues, climate change and strategic partnership.
- India signs $50 million defence agreement with Maldives to boost maritime capability.
- Quad’s 3rd ministerial meeting today, to discuss work towards inclusive Indo-Pacific.
- Protesting farmers announce series of events from February 23, to intensify agitation against Farm Laws.
- PM Modi hands over Arjun Main Battle Tank (MK-1A) to Indian Army at Chennai.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates HAL’s second Light Combat Aircraft production line.
- Govt formally seals ₹48,000 crore deal to procure 83 Tejas LCA from HAL.
- CRPF inducts 34 women commandos in its elite Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) unit.
- India reserves ₹70,000 crore of the defence budget of ₹1.35 trillion for domestic defence procurements.
- Mallikarjun Kharge to be Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha as Ghulam Nabi Azad’s term ends.
- First phase of Budget Session ends, Lok Sabha adjourned till March 8.
- Rajya Sabha passes J&K Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2021; Major Port Authorities Bill 2020.
- PM Modi inaugurates India’s first virtual Toy Fair 2021, pushes for use of less plastic.
- Maharashtra govt imposes fresh lockdowns as daily COVID cases cross 5,000.
- In poll-bound Tamil Nadu, state govt announces ₹12,110 crore farm loan waiver.
- UP Govt presents first paperless Budget of ₹5.5 lakh crore in Assembly to make State “Aatmanirbhar”.
- Ram temple trust deploys `3-tier system` to monitor transparency as donations cross ₹600 crore mark.
- Right to protest cannot be anytime and everywhere: SC on Shaheen Bagh CAA protests.
- National Herald case: Delhi High Court notice to Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, seeks reply by April 12.
- CBSE board exams 2021 to be held from May 4 to June 10, results by July 15: Education Minister.
- 4G mobile internet services being restored in entire J&K after 18 months.
- Kiran Bedi relieved as Puducherry Lt Governor; CM Narayanasamy resigns after failing to prove majority.
- Union Cabinet approves President’s Rule in Puducherry as BJP, allies did not stake claim.
- Glacier breaks in Uttarakhand’s Joshimath: Death toll rises to 72, rescue operation underway.
- WHO concludes investigation of origin of COVID-19 virus in Chinese city Wuhan.
- China calls for COVID-19 origin tracing in US after WHO probe in Wuhan.
- WHO authorises AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use.
- UNICEF, Serum Institute of India enter into long-term supply for COVID-19 vaccines.
- US House passes $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package, sends it to Senate.
- US extends new Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with Russia for 5 years.
- Joe Biden discusses Coronavirus, Hong Kong, Xinjiang in his first conversation with President Xi Jinping.
- US Senate acquits former President Donald Trump in impeachment trial for Capitol Hill riots.
- Pakistan to remain on FATF ‘grey list’ till June, asked to address ‘strategic deficiencies’.
- Myanmar’s Suu Kyi detained in military coup, 1-year emergency declared.
- Nepal’s Supreme Court reinstates parliament dissolved by PM Oli in December last year.
- More than 2000 Rohingya refugees sent to newly developed Bhashan Char relocation centre in Bangladesh.
- China, Hong Kong ban BBC World News from broadcasting for violating reporting guidelines.
- Japan starts vaccine rollout with healthcare workers as Olympics approach.
- Angela Merkel, German governors to decide on extending COVID-19 lockdown beyond February.
- NASA lands Perseverance rover on the Mars surface, carrying the first helicopter for another planet.
- IND vs ENG: India takes 2-1 lead in 4-Match Test Series.
- NZ vs AUS: New Zealand edge Australia by four runs in second T20, lead 5-Match series 2-0.
- Rishabh Pant, Shabnim Ismail win inaugural ICC Player of the Month Awards for January 2021.
- Australian Open 2021: Novak Djokovic wins his ninth title; Naomi Osaka her Fourth Grand Slam Title.
- IPL Auction: Chris Morris most expensive player ever; sold to Rajasthan Royals for ₹16.25 crore.
- Nirmala Sitharaman presents first ever Union Budget digitally; Fiscal deficit for FY21 pegged at 9.5% of GDP, 6.8% for FY22.
- Capital expenditure hiked 34.5% to ₹5.54 lakh crore in FY’22 to push growth.
- Health & well-being budget outlay at ₹2.23 lakh crore; ₹64,180 crore Atmanirbhar Health Yojana unveiled.
- FM allocates ₹20,000 crore for bank recapitalisation, proposes AMC-ARC for NPAs.
- Agri credit target raised to ₹16.5 lakh crore for FY22; FM reassures commitment to MSP and APMCs.
- Centre imposes agri infra cess of ₹2.5 on Petrol, ₹4 on Diesel; cuts import tax on gold, silver to 7.5%.
- Defence Ministry allocated ₹4.78 lakh crore; Home gets ₹1.66 lakh crore; ₹1,10,055 crore for Railways.
- Govt announces voluntary vehicle scrapping policy; to phase out old and unfit vehicles.
- Centre announces guidelines & digital media ethics code for digital and social media platforms.
- MCA signs pact with Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs for data exchange.
- RBI maintains status quo for fourth time in a row; keeps repo rate static at 4%.
- Embargo lifted on grant of Govt business to private banks. All banks can now participate.
- India’s WPI inflation rises to 2.03% in January – highest in 11 months on the back of higher fuel prices.
- BPCL, Air India share sale by September; LIC IPO-post October: DIPAM Secretary.
- Finance Ministry permits 4 states to borrow additional ₹5,034 crore post ease of doing business reforms.
- Petrol, diesel price at fresh high; oil company says government can cut taxes to ease consumer burden.
- Assam Govt removes COVID cess on petrol & diesel; removes 25% COVID-19 cess on liquor.
- All lanes in fee plazas on National Highways to be declared as FASTag lane from February 15th midnight.
- DGCA allows airlines to charge 10-30% more for domestic flights with immediate effect.
- Government extends ban on commercial international flights till March 31.
- DGCA allows airlines to provide concession in air fares to customers with no baggage.
- Deadline for filing declaration under ‘Vivad Se Vishwas’ scheme extended till March 31.
- India’s stock market now 7th biggest in the world as BSE market cap surges to $2.7 trillion.
- Technical glitch halts NSE trading, resumed later in the same day.
- Indigo Paints, Home First Finance Company, Rail Tel debut in stock market.
- Bank of England holds interest rates held at but warns they could go negative.
- Bitcoin hits $1 trillion market cap, surges above $56,000.
- Ether hits $1,800 for first time as market cap crosses $200 billion.
- India, EU talk restarting bilateral trade, investment pact with interim agreement.
- Bharat Biotech inks pact with Ocugen for development, sale of Covaxin in US.
- Biocon Biologics partners with International Diabetes Federation.
- Dr Reddy’s begins process to obtain emergency use authorisation for Sputnik V.
- China approves 16 locally-made COVID-19 vaccines for clinical trials.
- Cabinet approves PLI scheme for telecom sector worth ₹12,195 crore.
- Tata Communications partners Google to ease cloud adoption by enterprises.
- Bharti Airtel ties up with Qualcomm for 5G services in India.
- HCL inks 5-year Digital Workplace Services agreement with Airbus.
- TCS enhances ties with Amazon Web Services, launches new TCS AWS Business Unit (BU).
- Ford, Google join hands to offer cloud-based data services.
- Ashok Leyland buys Nissan’s 38% stake in Hinduja Tech for ₹70 crore.
- Australia passes landmark law requiring Google, Facebook to pay for news.
- Facebook signs preliminary pay deals with three Australian news publishers.
- Apple Pauses Electric Car Talks With Hyundai and Kia.
- Tesla to set up electric car manufacturing plant in Karnataka: CM Yediyurappa.
- Airbus signs MoU with GMR Group to collaborate on aviation services in India.
- HAL, Wipro3D collaborate to manufacture metal 3D printed aircraft engine component.
- Australia lifts ban on Boeing 737 MAX, first in Asia-Pacific region.
- Lockheed Martin inks pact with HAL to explore potential industrial collaboration in India.
- SpaceX launches world’s first all-civilian astronaut mission.
- UK revokes license of Chinese state-owned broadcaster CGTN.
- Tata Group acquires 68% stake in online grocery major BigBasket for ₹9,500 crore.
- Amazon acquires Australia-based Selz, a platform allowing users to launch online stores.
- PayPal to shut shop in India from April 1, focus on global customers.
- Mastercard and Razorpay partner to make digital payments more accessible for MSMEs and startups.
- Haldiram’s partners with Futurelife to bring nutritional product range to India.
- Airtel enters advertising business; launches adtech platform with brand engagement services.
- Apple partners with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co to develop micro OLED displays.
- Wikipedia launches first global code of conduct to stem misinformation.
- ixigo acquires train booking app Confirmtkt.
- Sandes, alternative to WhatsApp & other instant messaging apps launched by National Informatics Centre.
- Chanda Kochhar gets bail in PMLA case, asked not to leave country without court’s permission.
- Nirav Modi guilty on all charges, can be extradited to India: UK Court.
- Vijay Mallya allowed some access to UK court-held funds to meet legal, living expenses.
- Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala becomes first woman and first African to lead WTO.
- Jeff Bezos to become executive chairman later this year, Andy Jassy to takeover as Amazon CEO.
- Marc Llistosella appointed as new Tata Motors CEO, MD as Guenter Butschek steps down.
- Honda CEO Takahiro Hachigo to step down, be replaced by R&D chief Toshihiro Mibe.
- Hero MotoCorp sets up a new vertical for Harley-Davidson in India; to be headed by Ravi Avalur.
- SBI Q3 standalone net profit falls 7% to ₹5,196.22 crore, consolidated profit down 6% at ₹6,402.16 crore.
- PNB Q3 net profit declines 18% to ₹506 crore; NII falls marginally to ₹8,313 crore.
- Ashok Leyland reports Q3 net loss of ₹19 crore due to VRS cost of ₹85 crore, revenue at ₹ 4,813.51 crore, .
- Mahindra’s Q3 net profit grows 42% to ₹1,268 crore, revenue up 11% to ₹21,625.95 crore.
- Hero MotoCorp Q3 consolidated PAT up 14% at ₹1,029 crore, revenue rises 39% to ₹9,827 crore.
- Divi’s Labs Q3 net profit rises 31% to ₹471 crore, Total consolidated income stood at ₹1,720.76 crore.
- SpiceJet reports Q3 net loss of ₹57 crore, revenue fell 53.7% to ₹1,691 crore.
- ITC Q3 profit falls 11% YoY to ₹3,587 crore, consolidated revenue rose to ₹14,124 crore.
- Vodafone Idea Q3 loss narrows to ₹4,532 crore, revenue down 2% YoY to ₹10,849.1 crore.
|Indices||28-Feb||29-Jan||%1M||01-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||66.13||55.88||18.34%||66.29||-0.24%|
|Crude Nymex $||61.50||52.20||17.82%||61.30||0.33%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||8.41%||54.57%||23.87%||7.31%||48.23%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Government Bond 10Y||6.23%|
|Forex Reserves $ M||583865|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII (Rs. crore)||MF (Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||22,489||(13,834)|
|Total Since Jan||37,872||(18,229)|