- Assembly Elections 2022: 78.94% voter turnout recorded in Goa, 62.5% in Uttarakhand, 65.50% in Punjab.
- UP Assembly Elections 2022 Phase 1: 60.17% , Phase 2: 60.44%, Phase 3: 61.02% and Phase 4: 59.77%, Phase 5: 53.98%. Manipur Phase 1: 78.03%.
- First leg of Budget Session concludes, both Houses adjourned till March 14.
- India’s energy needs to double in next 20 years: PM Modi at World Sustainable Development Summit.
- PM Modi holds India-UAE virtual summit with Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, release roadmap to boost ties.
- India France sign roadmap to enhance bilateral exchanges on blue economy and ocean governance.
- India, Maldives hold dialogue to expand defence cooperation.
- India-EU hold 2nd maritime security dialogue; both commit to inclusive, rules-based Indo-Pacific.
- US announces Indo-Pacific strategy to support India’s continued rise and regional leadership.
- Jaishankar, British counterpart Liz Truss discuss India-UK ‘Roadmap 2030’, Ukraine.
- Saudi Arabia land forces Commander calls on Army chief Naravane on first visit to India.
- Oman Defence Ministry’s Secretary General calls on Air Chief Marshal, discusses bilateral ties.
- Govt creates post of Maritime Security Advisor, Vice Admiral Ashok Kumar takes Charge.
- 40 countries take part in Indian Navy’s multilateral exercise MILAN 2022.
- Army Chief MM Naravane discusses bilateral defence cooperation with Australian counterpart.
- 3 more Rafale jets arrive in India from France, total 35 of 36 aircraft acquired.
- Defence Ministry makes induction of women fighter pilots in IAF a permanent scheme.
- ISRO successfully launches PSLV-C52 carrying ‘earth observation’ & 2 other satellites.
- PM CARES Fund corpus triples to ₹10,990 crore in FY 2020-21; disbursal rises to ₹3,976 crore.
- Centre approves ₹26,275-crore police modernisation scheme for five more years from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- Centre approves ‘Education for all’ scheme for non-literates of 15 years above.
- Home Ministry bans 54 Chinese apps citing security concerns.
- J&K delimitation Panel proposes 17 Assembly seats in Jammu, 12 in Kashmir; gets time to redraw map.
- Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao meets Sharad Pawar, Uddhav Thackeray, discusses ‘anti-BJP front’.
- PM Modi unveils giant ‘Statue of Equality’ in remembrance of Saint Ramanujacharya in Hyderabad.
- Lalu Yadav gets 5 years in jail in fodder scam case, fined ₹ 60 lakh; CBI court convicts 74 others.
- ED arrests Nawab Malik in money laundering case linked to Dawood Ibrahim.
- SC refuses to hear plea challenging Karnataka HC interim order on Hijab row.
- CBSE to conduct 2nd term board exam for classes 10, 12 in offline mode from April 26.
- India, Nepal sign MoU to construct motorable bridge across Mahakali river in Dharchula.
- Jal Jeevan Mission achieves milestone of providing tap water to 9 crore rural homes in the country.
- India’s total tally of COVID-19 cases rises to 4,29,31,045, death toll climbs to 5,14,054.
- Cumulative COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in India cross 177 crore.
- Centre asks states, UTs to end additional COVID curbs amid decline in cases.
- Govt removes ‘At Risk’ marking for countries with high Omicron caseload.
- India’s melody queen Lata Mangeshkar, Bappi Lahiri, Rahul Bajaj passed away.
- India abstains from procedural vote ahead of discussion on Ukraine at UN Security Council.
- President Putin accuses West of deliberately ignoring Russia’s security concerns over Ukraine.
- Putin recognises Ukrainian separatist regions as independent nations; EU, UK, Australia, Canada, Japan impose sanctions.
- Germany suspends Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline Project Approval for Russia.
- Russia’s Vladimir Putin announces military operation in Ukraine.
- Ukraine’s military retaliates; tens of thousands civilians flee their homes.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin orders military command to put nuclear deterrent forces on high alert.
- First round of peace talks between Ukraine & Russia end with no agreements; second round scheduled.
- India abstains from UNSC resolution against Russian aggression; Russia vetoes resolution.
- NATO bolsters arms supply to Ukraine with anti-tank weapons; US approves $350 million in military aid.
- Global COVID-19 caseload tops 437 million, fatalities at 5.97 million.
- One Ocean Summit: More than 100 nations commit to take action to save oceans from human harm.
- US approves appointment of Masood Khan as Pakistan’s envoy to Washington.
- Biden signs order to split $7 billion frozen Afghan funds to 9/11 victims, humanitarian relief.
- Pakistan allows Indian humanitarian relief passage to Afghanistan.
- Bill Gates make his first-ever visit to Pakistan, discusses health issues with PM Imran Khan.
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan to visit Russia on Wednesday, first visit by Pakistan premier in 23 years.
- Truckers end U.S. border blockade Canadian PM declares end of 10-day state of emergency.
- South Korea, US, Japan commit to close coordination against North Korean missile threats.
- Myanmar’s Ousted Leader Suu Kyi slapped with the 11th corruption charge, faces 150 years in prison.
- Queen Elizabeth marks 70 years on the throne; backs Camilla as Queen Consort.
- India vs West Indies: India sweep ODI and T20 series 3-0.
- India vs Sri Lanka: IND register historic 12th consecutive T20I win, clinch series sweep over SL.
- Rohit Sharma replaces Virat Kohli as India’s new Test captain.
- India climbs to top spot in ICC T20 rankings after series sweep over WI.
- ICC Women’s ODI Rankings: Mithali Raj climbs to second spot, Smriti Mandhana retains sixth position.
- IPL 2022 to be played across four venues in Mumbai and Pune, final on May 29.
- ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup 2022: India beat England by 4 wickets in finals to win record-extending 5th title.
- Beijing 2022 Opening Ceremony starts with spectacular ‘Beginning of Spring’ sequence.
- Arif Khan finishes 45th out of 89 competitors in giant slalom of 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.
- Norway tops Winter Olympics medals table with 37 followed by Germany(27) and China(15).
- RBI keeps repo, reverse repo rates unchanged at 4% and 3.35%, respectively for 10th time in a row; pegs FY22 GDP growth at 9.2%.
- Centre releases revenue deficit grant of ₹9,871 crore to 17 states.
- Food Processing Ministry gives nod to 83 proposals for incentives under PLI scheme.
- Govt receives 5 proposals for semiconductor % display manufacturing under the ₹76,000 crore PLI scheme.
- Govt to develop 22 Greenfield Expressways, 23 key infrastructure projects & 35 Multi-Modal Logistics Parks.
- Govt bans import of foreign drones, lists exceptions; scraps requirement of drone pilot license.
- Karnataka approves 88 industrial projects worth ₹ 2,367.99 crore.
- Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata Motors among 20 companies selected for sops under Auto PLI scheme.
- Govt makes seatbelts mandatory for all cars carrying up to 8 passengers.
- Centre makes helmet, safety harness a must for kids riding pillion.
- Govt approves up to 20% FDI in LIC under automatic route.
- Indian government pays Cairn Energy PLC ₹7,900 crore to settle retro tax dispute.
- Adani Wilmar, Manyavar-owner Vedant Fashions make their market debut.
- TCS approves ₹18,000 crore share buyback; February 23, 2022, fixed as the record date.
- Centre places purchase order for 5 crore doses of Corbevax Covid vaccine each costing ₹145 sans tax.
- Govt approves EUA for Sputnik Light and BE’s Covid jab Corbevax for 12-18 years age group.
- DGCI gives nod to SII’s proposal to manufacture vaccine against omicron for test, analysis.
- Zydus Cadila starts supplies of its anti-COVID vaccine ZyCoV-D to government, priced at ₹265 per dose.
- Eli Lilly’s new antibody drug to fight Omicron receives US FDA authorization.
- Canada authorises Medicago’s 2-dose vaccine, first plant-based COVID-19 vaccine for adults aged 18 to 64.
- IIFL Home Finance signs $68 million loan with ADB; to boost affordable green housing in India.
- Blackstone acquires majority stake in wealth management firm ASK from Advent, others.
- Tata Teleservices withdraws plan to convert its accrued interest on deferred AGR dues into govt equity.
- Airtel joins SEA-ME-WE-6 undersea cable consortium to scale up high-speed network.
- Jio Platforms invests $200 million in internet company Glance for 17% stake.
- Jio’s subsea cable system IAX to connect Maldives to India, Singapore.
- Biden administration rolls out $5 billion funding plan to states for electric vehicle chargers.
- Jaguar Land Rover ties up with Nvidia to develop software for SUVs.
- Tesla to accept Dogecoin as payment at Supercharging station.
- IL&FS resolves ₹324 crore debt by selling stake in Warora Chandrapur Highway.
- CBI interrogates Former NSE Chief Chitra Ramkrishna, accused of sharing info with Himalayan Yogi.
- ₹18,000 crore returned to banks in cases related to Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi: Govt to SC.
- Karnataka HC strikes down state’s prohibition on online gaming involving money.
- Gujarat-based ABG Shipyard accused of defrauding 28 banks of Rs 22,842 crore by CBI.
- Oil prices surge above $100 a barrel for first time in 8 years as Ukraine crisis escalates
- Sri Lanka imposes rolling power cuts as economic crisis worsens.
- EXIM Bank signs $500 million LoC agreement with Sri Lanka.
- China imposes sanctions on US defense giants Lockheed, Raytheon over Taiwan deal.
- India, UAE signs a free trade pact, to almost double two-way trade to $100 billion in the next five years.
- IMF approves $1 billion loan tranche for Pakistan.
- France become the first country to join China to build $1.7 billion global infra projects.
- Pakistan signs new pact with China to kick off 2nd phase of CPEC.
- Vedanta signs up with Foxconn to manufacture semiconductors in India.
- Intel agrees to $6 billion deal to buy Israel’s Tower Semiconductor Ltd.
- Former US President Donald Trump’s Truth Social app launches on Apple App Store.
- Amazon India signs MoU with Karnataka govt to turn rural women into entrepreneurs.
- Online health and fitness platform Cult.fit acquires Gold Gym fitness chain across India.
- Ravi Mital appointed head of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.
- Madhabi Puri Buch appointed as SEBI India Chairperson for a term of 3 years.
- N Chandrasekaran gets extension as Chairman of Tata Sons for 5 years.
- Former Turkish Airlines Chairman Ilker Ayci named Air India CEO.
- IndiGo appoints co-founder and promoter Rahul Bhatia as MD; Rakesh Gangwal resigns from board.
- Former Sri Lankan Airlines CEO Vipula Gunatilleka appointed as Jet Airways CFO.
- Sanjeev Sanyal inducted into Economic Advisory Council to PM.
- World Bank’s India head Junaid Ahmad appointed Vice President, Operations
- SBI Q3 profit jumps 62% YoY to ₹8,432 crore on lower provisions, NII increased 6.48% to ₹30,687 crore.
- Bank of Baroda Q3 net profit doubles to ₹2,197 crore on lower provisions, NII jumps 14% to ₹8,552 crore.
- HDFC Q3 net profit rises 11% YoY to ₹3,261 crore, NII rose 5% to ₹4,284 crore.
- Tech Mahindra Q3 profit up 4.5% YoY to ₹1,369 crore, revenue up 18.7% to ₹11,451 crore.
- M&M reports 57% jump in Q3 net profit at ₹1,987 crore, revenue increased 9% to ₹23,594 crore.
- Ashok Leyland reports Q3 net profit at ₹5.7 crore, revenue rose 15% YoY to ₹5,535.2 crore.
- ONGC Q3 Profit jumps 220% YoY to ₹11,637 crore, revenue gains 45% to ₹1.46 lakh crore.
- Bharti Airtel profit drops 2.8% to ₹830 crore in Q3; revenue up 12.6% to ₹29,867 crore, ARPU falls to ₹163.
- Nykaa Q3 Profit plunges 58% to ₹29 crore; revenue up 36% ₹1,098.36 crore.
- Zomato’s Q3 loss narrows to ₹63.2 crore; revenue jumps 82% YoY to hit ₹1,112 crore.
- Nestle India Q4 profit dips 20% YoY to ₹386.66 crore, net sales up 8.9% to ₹3,739.32 crore.
|Indices||28-Feb||31-Jan||%1M||04-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||98.94||89.48||10.57%||79.77||24.03%|
|Crude Nymex $||96.72||88.36||9.46%||76.80||25.94%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||-1.72%||-14.03%||-2.86%||-6.04%||-7.93%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Exports in ($ Bn)||34.5|
|Imports ($ Bn)||51.93|
|Government Bond 10Y||6.77%|
|Forex Reserves ($ Bn)||632.95|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII(Rs. crore)||MF(Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||(31,221)||10,702|
|Total Since Jan||(61,851)||28,512|
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.