- Global COVID-19 cases top 102.9 million with 2.2 million deaths.
- India’s caseload crosses 10.7 million mark with recovery rate reaching 96.98%.
- India approves Covishield, Covaxin vaccines in fight against COVID-19.
- World’s largest COVID-19 vaccination drive kicks off in India; over 37 lakh vaccinated so far.
- EC allows govt to use voters’ data for vaccination, asks to delete it after drive.
- Vaccine Maitri: India begins supply of indigenous COVID Vaccine to neighbouring and partner countries.
- India showcases military might, cultural heritage at its 72nd Republic Day parade on Rajpath.
- No foreign head of any govt as chief guest on Republic Day due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supreme Court stays implementation of farm laws, forms 4-member committee.
- Govt offers to suspend farm laws implementation for up to 1.5 years; farmer unions demand repeal.
- Tractor Parade: Protesting farmers enter Red Fort with Tractors, wave flags from the ramparts of the fort.
- Japanese Pm Shinzo Abe, SPB, Tarun Gogoi, Ram Vilas Paswan among Padma Award winners 2021.
- ECI launches digital voter ID Cards on National Voters Day.
- Construction work of new Parliament building begins after SC gives green signal the project with riders.
- India begins its two-year tenure as a Non-Permanent Member of the UNSC.
- India, China agree to push for early disengagement of frontline troops in Ladakh.
- Govt clears purchase of 83 Tejas aircraft in defence deal worth nearly ₹48,000 crore.
- India, Pakistan exchange lists of nuclear installations and facilities.
- India, Israel successfully test Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile defence system.
- India, EU hold their first maritime security dialogue in virtual format.
- A minor IED blast rocked the high-security zone near the Israeli embassy in New Delhi.
- TN CM inaugurates Jayalalithaa memorial in Chennai; ‘Veda Nilayam’ residence also declared a memorial.
- Avian Influenza confirmed in 5 States for poultry birds and in 10 States for crows, migratory and wild birds.
- India Innovation Index-2020: Karnataka tops in Major States category; Himachal in North East & Hill States.
- UN adopts $3.2 billion budget for 2021 over US and Israel objections.
- Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, 1st-ever treaty to ban nuclear weapons, entered into force.
- UNGA adopts resolution to safeguard religious sites across the world.
- WHO inks deal for delivery of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines in poor countries.
- UK Coronavirus strain detected in at least 60 countries.
- China denies Coronavirus leaked from Wuhan lab, says global outbreaks caused pandemic.
- WHO expert team arrives in Wuhan to begin investigating the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, UN Chief, Singapore PM, Indonesian President receive COVID vaccinations.
- UK PM Boris Johnson declares new lockdown for England until mid-February.
- Japan declares state of emergency for Tokyo area amid COVID-19 surge.
- Germany to extend COVID-19 related restrictions until Feb 14: Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Brazil approves emergency use of AstraZeneca and Chinese-made Sinovac coronavirus vaccines.
- Pakistan approves Chinese Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine and Russia’s Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine.
- New Zealand lifts all COVID19 restrictions, declaring the nation virus-free.
- Trump supporters storm Capitol Hill amid a key Senate vote; Washington DC placed under lockdown.
- Held responsible for Capitol riot, Trump becomes first President in US history to be impeached twice.
- Donald Trump’s impeachment trial to begin on February 9.
- Joe Biden takes oath as 46th US President, Kamala Harris as Vice-President.
- Biden signs 15 executive orders, reversing Donald Trump’s key policies including Paris accord.
- COVID test, quarantine mandatory for people entering US, Biden launches 100 days mask challenge.
- US withdraws H4 work permit restrictions in relief to spouses of H1-B visa holders.
- North Korea holds huge military parade as Kim vows nuclear might.
- Indonesian plane with 62 people on board crashes after takeoff; Black Box recovered from Java Sea.
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli expelled from ruling Nepal Communist Party amid political chaos.
- Saudi Arabia and Qatar agree to reopen airspace and maritime borders.
- Israel opens embassy in United Arab Emirates after normalising ties.
- Bangladesh sends 3rd Batch of Rohingya refugees to Bhashan Char Island.
- India claim series win against Australia; becomes first team to beat host at the Gabba since 1988.
- ICC Test rankings: Historic win at The Gabba takes Team India to second place; Kohli loses 2nd spot to Smith, Pujara moves up to 8th.
- Cheteshwar Pujara becomes 11th Indian to cross 6000-run mark in Test cricket.
- T Natarajan made his Test debut becomes first Indian cricketer to debut in all three formats on same tour.
- Chennai Super Kings release Harbhajan Singh ahead of IPL 2021 mini-auction.
- Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to CSK; appoint Kumar Sangakkara as Director of cricket.
- Thailand Open 2021: Sai Praneeth withdraws after testing COVID-19 positive, Srikanth forced to pull out.
- Budget session begins from January 29, to be held in two phases.
- Economic Survey 2021 tabled in the Parliament; FY21 GDP estimated to contract by 7.7%.
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches the Union Budget Mobile App as India gears up for first paperless budget.
- New Foreign Trade Policy 2021-2026 to be rolled out from April.
- Ease of doing business: Government launches regulatory compliance burden portal.
- PM announces ₹1,000-crore startup India seed fund; Govt holds meeting with 70 global funds.
- PM Modi inaugurates the 306 km Rewari-Madar section of western dedicated freight corridor.
- J&K LG Manoj Sinha launches Industrial development scheme worth ₹24,800 crore for UT.
- Centre approves green tax on old polluting vehicles, tractors to be exempted.
- Cinema halls to be allowed to operate with 100% capacity starting from February: I&B Minister.
- Indian Army signs a pact to procure high-altitude drones from ideaForge for $20 million.
- Karnataka earmarks 520-acres to set up Japanese Industrial Township near Tumakuru.
- CM Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurates Common Facility Centre for gold and Assamese traditional jewellery.
- Centre lists bill to ban all cryptocurrencies in India, create official digital currency.
- RBI launches Digital payments index to track transactions.
- IRDAI to introduce standard home insurance policy Bharat Griha Raksha for fire, allied peril risks.
- TCS becomes world’s most valued IT company, beats Accenture; surpasses Reliance market capitalisation.
- IRFC, Indigo Paints, Home First Finance and Stove Kraft launch their IPOs.
- KVIC unveils e-commerce portal for khadi, village industry products.
- Govt allows import/export of COVID-19 vaccine without any value limitation.
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurates Hisar airport under Udan scheme.
- DGCA extends travel restrictions on scheduled international commercial flights till Feb 28.
- CBI books Cambridge Analytica, Global Science Research for illegal data harvesting.
- World Economic Forum Davos 2021 – PM Modi addresses WEF Davos Summit 2021.
- Serum Institute of India applies for trials of another COVID-19 vaccine; to launch Covavax by June 2021.
- SII to sell Covishield at a special price of ₹200 for govt, to be sold in private markets at ₹1,000 per vial.
- Mahindra, Ford end talks of auto joint venture.
- Hyundai Motor India Ltd ends calendar 2020 with a production of 5.2 lakh units.
- Tesla registers India office in Bangalore, to start operations with R&D unit.
- Hyundai commences export of vehicles via rail, first consignment of 125 cars to reach Nepal.
- Toyota beats Volkswagen to become World’s No.1 car seller in 2020.
- General Motors teams up with Microsoft to accelerate rollout of Electric and self-driving cars.
- Ola, Siemens to build advanced EV hub in Tamil Nadu for ₹2,400 crore.
- DGCA issues guidelines for Airlines to transport COVID-19 vaccines.
- Boeing to pay $2.5 billion to settle US criminal probe into 737 MAX crashes that killed 346 people.
- Total to acquire 20 % stake in Adani Green Energy for $2.5 billion.
- Govt to hold spectrum auctions from March 1; DoT invites applications.
- BSNL to test Indian telecom gears before letting manufacturers bid for 4G network tender.
- Bharti Airtel receives regulatory approval for 100% FDI in subsidiaries.
- Dixon’s subsidiary Padget Electronics ties up with HMD India to manufacture Nokia smartphones.
- TCS partners with UK’s leading mobile network carrier, Three UK to accelerate 5G network rollout.
- SAP invests ₹500 crore to accelerate multi-cloud strategy in India.
- Google Cloud, Nokia partner to accelerate cloud-native 5G readiness for communication service providers.
- US blacklists Xiaomi, CNOOC and 7 other Chinese companies, US investors must pull out by end of year.
- Federal judge blocks Parler’s bid to be restored on Amazon Web Services.
- Health startup Cure.fit acquires US-based digital fitness company Onyx.
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit reaches Space for the first time with its Air-Launched Rocket.
- Alphabet shutting down Loon, which used balloon alternative to cell towers.
- Future Retail-Reliance Retail deal receives SEBI, BSE nod with observations.
- Reliance Retail to tie up with Kirana stores as franchise partners, JioMart exits sale of FMCG goods.
- Amazon buys 11 aircraft for the first time to deliver orders faster.
- Google completes its $2.1 billion acquisition of Fitbit amid ongoing review by US Department of Justice.
- PayPal becomes first foreign firm in China with full ownership of payments business.
- Global cryptocurrency market cap hits $1 trillion as Bitcoin hits $37,000.
- Google removes some lending apps in India to protect consumers.
- WhatsApp delays policy update rollout to May 15 amid severe criticism.
- Amazon joins hands with Bharti Airtel for the first roll-out of Prime Video mobile edition.
- Japanese beer maker Kirin to invest $30 million in maker of India’s Bira.
- Janet Yellen becomes America’s first woman treasury secretary.
- HDFC Bank Q3 net profit rises 18% to ₹8,758 crore YoY, NII up 15% to ₹16,317.6 crore.
- ICICI Bank Q3 net profit rises 19% to ₹4,940 crore, NII grew 16% to ₹9,912 crore.
- Axis Bank Q3 profit plunges 36% to ₹1,117 crore on elevated provisions, NII grows 14.3% ₹7,372.76 crore.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Q3 profit rises 16% to ₹1,853 crore, NII grows 17% to ₹4,007 crore.
- YES Bank Q3 net profit rises to ₹151 crore, NII jumps to ₹2,560 crore; NNPA lower at 4.04%.
- TCS Q3 Net profit rises 7% to ₹8,701 crore, revenue up 5% to ₹42,015 crore; ₹6/share dividend declared.
- Infosys Q3 net profit jumps 16.8% YoY to ₹5,197 crore, revenue came in at ₹25,927 crore, up 12.27% YoY.
- Wipro Q3 profit rises 21% YoY to ₹2,966.70 crore, dollar revenue growth highest in 36 quarters at 3.8%.
- HCL Tech reports 31% jump in Q3 profit at ₹3,982 crore, revenue increased by 6% YoY to ₹19,302 crore.
- Maruti Suzuki Q3 net profit rises 24% to ₹1,941 crore, revenue up 13% to ₹23,458 crore.
- Tata Motors Q3 profit jumps 67% to ₹2,906 crore, revenue grew by 5.5% YoY to ₹75,653.8 crore
- TVS records its highest ever quarterly profit of ₹266 crore, revenue up 31% YoY to ₹5,404 crore.
- Biocon Q3 net profit falls 19% to ₹186.6 crore, revenue from operations rose to ₹1,851 crore.
- Dr Reddy’s posts Q3 profit at ₹20 crore, revenues grew 12% YoY to ₹4,930 crore.
- RIL Q3 net profit rises 12.5% YoY to ₹13,101 crore, consolidated revenue up 21.10% to ₹1.2 lakh crore.
- Reliance Jio net profit rises 15.5% to ₹3,489 crore in Q3; ARPU jumps to ₹151.
- HUL Q3 net profit rises 19% to ₹1,921 crore, revenues climb 20% to ₹11,682 crore.
|Indices||29-Jan||31-Dec||% 1M||01-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||55.88||51.80||7.88%||66.29||-15.70%|
|Crude Nymex $||52.20||48.52||7.58%||61.30||-14.85%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||-4.79%||56.76%||19.53%||9.55%||51.24%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Government Bond 10Y||5.95%|
|Forex Reserves $ M||585334|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII (Rs. crore)||MF (Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||15,383||(4,395)|
|Total Since Jan||15,383||(4,395)|