- Monsoon session of Parliament: Both houses face repeated adjournments over Pegasus, farm laws.
- All citizens aged 18 and above to be vaccinated by December 2021: Health Ministry tells Parliament
- 36 new ministers take charge after Cabinet revamp; 7 promoted, 12 ministers dropped.
- PM Modi offers India’s Co-WIN platform to the world for adaptation to local use.
- India COVID tally touches 31.6 million, 470 million vaccine doses administered so far.
- Active cases account for 1.28% of total infections; recovery rate improves to 97.34%.
- Global Coronavirus caseload crosses 198.5 million; US cases surpass 35.7 million.
- PM Modi inaugurates, lays foundation stones of projects worth over ₹1,500 crore in Varanasi.
- Tirath Singh Rawat tenders resignation as CM of Uttarakhand; Pushkar Singh Dhami takes oath as CM.
- Union Minister Thawarchand made Karnataka Governor; 7 other States get new Governors.
- Basavaraj Bommai sworn in as the 30th Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- S Jaishankar holds delegation level talks with Iranian, Russian and Georgian couterparts.
- S Jaishankar discusses outstanding issues along the LAC in the Western Sector with China’s Wang Yi.
- US Secretary of State Blinken meets PM Modi, discusses regional challenges, cooperation on COVID.
- President Kovind visits J&K, Ladakh; pays tributes to Kargil martyrs at war memorial in Baramulla.
- Navjot Singh Sidhu named Punjab Congress Chief with 4 working Presidents.
- YS Sharmila launches her political party, named ‘YSR Telangana Party’.
- Puri takes out Lord Jagannath’s Rath Yatra without devotees amid COVID-19.
- Phones of 50,000 people targeted using Pegasus spyware; includes over 40 Indian journalists, politicians.
- Timeline for Aadhar linking with ration card extended upto Sept 30.
- Two explosive devices dropped from a suspected drone on the Indian Air Force Station in Jammu.
- US Navy hands over first two MH-60R multi role helicopters to India.
- Fresh batch of 3 Rafale fighter jets land in India after flying 7,000 km non-stop from France.
- DRDO successfully test-fires new-generation Akash surface-to-air missile.
- GAVI signs COVID-19 vaccine supply deals with Sinovac, Sinopharm for COVAX.
- UNICEF inks deal to supply of 220 million COVID vaccine doses for African Union member states.
- United Arab Emirates becomes the world’s most vaccinated nation, vaccinates 72.1% of its population.
- Brazil suspends decision to import four million doses of India-made Covaxin..
- UK achieves its July-end vaccination goal, govt says all adults offered one jab.
- Over half of Europe’s adult population ‘fully vaccinated’ against COVID-19: EU.
- 17 European countries approve Covishield for ‘Green Pass’.
- Newly-elected Nepal PM Sher Bahadur Deuba wins vote of trust in Parliament.
- President Joe Biden signs three bills to overturn Trump-era rules.
- President Biden hosts Chancellor Merkel at White House in her final visit to US as head of the state
- Joe Biden, Iraq’s PM Mustafa al-Kadhimi seal agreement to end U.S. combat mission in Iraq.
- US troops leave Afghanistan’s Bagram airfield after nearly two decades.
- Taliban delegation meets Chinese Foreign Minister, discusses current Afghan situation.
- North, South Korea agree to restore severed communication links as leaders seek to rebuild ties.
- Melbourne joins Sydney in lockdown as COVID-19 spreads in Australia.
- Unprecedented heatwave claims as many as 500 people in Western Canada.
- NASA awards $178 million Jupiter moon mission contract to Elon Musk’s SpaceX.
- Tokyo Olympics: Mary Kom, hockey captain Manpreet Singh India’s flagbearers at opening ceremony.
- Mirabai Chanu wins silver, opens India’s medal account on Day 1.
- Boxer Lovlina Borgohain assures second medal for India.
- Women’s hockey: India beat South Africa 4-3 to keep quarterfinals hopes alive.
- Kamalpreet finishes 2nd in discus qualification to make finals.
- Brisbane picked to host 2032 Olympics without a rival bid.
- India Tour of Sri Lanka: India won the ODI series 2-1 ; Sri Lanka defeats India to clinch T20I series 2-1.
- Dhawan 10th Indian to score 6000 ODI runs, completes 10,000 runs as Opener in International cricket.
- ENG-W beat IND-W England wins series 2-1.
- New Zealand’s Devon Conway and England’s Sophie Ecclestone named ICC Players of the month for June.
- ICC announces new points system for 2nd edition of WTC, Teams to be ranked on percentage of points won.
- BCCI announces schedule for remainder of VIVO IPL 2021 in UAE, MI to face CSK on September 19.
- Ashleigh Barty wins maiden Wimbledon women’s title, Novak Djokovic wins his 6th Wimbledon title.
- Argentina beat Brazil 1-0 to win Copa America, 1st major title in 28 yrs.
- Euro 2020 Final: Italy beat England 3-2 on penalties in London to win their second European Championship.
- Lok Sabha passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill 2021.
- Cabinet approves BharatNet implementation strategy across 16 states through PPP Model.
- Cabinet approves amendment to Limited Liability Partnership Act, 12 offences to be decriminalised.
- Government announces inclusion of Retail and Wholesale trades as MSMEs.
- Centre releases ₹75,000 crore to states and UTs, nearly half of FY22 GST compensation shortfall.
- Centre approves ₹6,322 crore PLI scheme for specialty steel; to create 5.25 lakh jobs.
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurates country’s first LNG facility plant at Nagpur.
- 8 new routes to boost regional aerial connectivity from MP to Maharashtra, Gujarat.
- 59 airports including 2 water aerodromes and 5 heliports operationalized under RCS-UDAN.
- Odisha CM inaugurates Tata Consumer Products’ ₹100 crore tea packaging plant in Gopalpur.
- CBDT extends e-filing of IT Forms 15CA,15CB till 15th August.
- RBI bars Mastercard from adding customers in India from July 22.
- India Pesticides, Zomato, Clean Science, GR Infraprojects, Tatva Chintan make their market debuts.
- Govt to procure 66 crore doses of Covishield, Covaxin at ₹205 and ₹215 per dose, respectively.
- Bharat Biotech commits to supply 500 million doses of Covaxin to Centre for immunisation programme.
- Covaxin offers 93.4% protection from severe COVID, 65.2% immunity against Delta variant.
- MSN Labs, BDR Pharma, Bajaj Healthcare get license deal with DRDO for COVID-19 drug 2-DG.
- Dr Reddy’s soft launches Sputnik V vaccine in 50 cities including Delhi and Mumbai.
- India’s Morepen manufactures first test batch of Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine.
- Govt caps trade margin for pulse oximeter, BP monitoring machine, 3 other medical devices.
- NPPA allows 50% price hike for ibuprofen, ranitidine, carbamazepine.
- Maharashtra unveils new EV policy, increases subsidies; aims 10% share in total registrations by 2025.
- Rajasthan announces subsidies for e-2W, e-3W buyers.
- Maruti Suzuki India lines up ₹18,000 crore investment for new manufacturing plant in Haryana.
- Ashok Leyland to invest up to $200 million in EVs via Switch Mobility.
- Tata Motors launches new brand ‘XPRES’ for fleet customers.
- Daimler, Volvo and Traton plan $600 million truck-charging JV.
- Alibaba Backed AutoX Achieves True Driverless Robot Taxi Service In China.
- Ola opens bookings for electric scooter at ₹499; receives 1 lakh reservations in the first 24 hours.
- Ola Electric signs $100 million long-term loan with Bank of Baroda.
- Ceat to invest about ₹1,000 crore capital expenditure for various expansion projects this fiscal year.
- OPEC+ meets to agree oil supply boost as prices rise.
- Zurich airport signs shareholder agreement with NIAL for development of Noida airport.
- Billionaire Richard Branson reaches Space, safely returns to Earth.
- Blue Origin’s first passenger Spaceflight with jeff Bezos & crew successfully complete historic space launch.
- Centre inks MoUs with Microsoft, Amazon, Patanjali for farm data project.
- HCL Technologies selected as a strategic launch partner for Microsoft cloud for Financial Services.
- IBM signs 10-year partnership with Bangalore International Airport for digital transformation.
- TCS enters pact with OTT platform SonyLIV as its technology partner.
- Vijay Mallya declared bankrupt by UK High Court for Indian bank to realise debt.
- Facebook submits compliance report as directed by new IT Law.
- Cairn Energy secures French court order to seize 20 Indian government properties.
- Kitex group enters into ₹1,000 crore investment deal in Telangana, to set up factories in Warangal district.
- Adani Group takes over Mumbai airport management, now controls 33% of India’s air cargo traffic.
- World Bank deployed $157 billion to fight pandemic in 15 months.
- IMF approves policy reforms to support recovery of low-income nations.
- Asian Development Bank lowers India’s economic growth forecast for this fiscal to 10% from 11%.
- 130 countries agree to Biden-backed 15% global minimum tax for companies.
- G20 approves global corporate tax rate of at least 15%.
- US Senate passes bill to ban all imports from China’s Xinjiang over allegations of rights abuse.
- Pentagon cancels $10 billion Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure contract given to Microsoft.
- Salesforce finalizes $27.7 billion Slack acquisition.
- Verizon Business signs 5G contactless payment deal with Mastercard.
- Byju’s acquires Epic for $500 million; buys Great Learning for $600 million.
- Airtel Business, Cisco partner for connectivity solutions for enterprises.
- •OYO raises $660 million term loan funding from global institutional investors.
- Govt approves up to ₹15,000 crore FDI investment proposal from Voda Idea.
- Reliance Retail acquires majority stake of 66.95% stake in Just Dial for ₹3,497 crore.
- EU fines Volkswagen, BMW $1.036 billion in for emissions cartel.
- France fines Google $593 million over copyright row.
- India’s ranking jumps to 90.32% in 2021 in UN Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation.
- RBI clears Shyam Srinivasan’s reappointment as Federal Bank MD & CEO for 3 years.
- Shiv Nadar resigns as MD of HCL, named Chairman Emeritus; C Vijayakumar, President & CEO named MD.
- Kenneth Juster named advisor to Global Board of US India Business Council.
- Jeff Bezos to hand over the job of Amazon chief executive on July 5 to Andy Jassy.
- Aditya Ghosh to join as co-founder Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s Akasa Airlines
- Reliance Industries Q1 Profit after tax jumps 67% YoY to ₹13,806 crore, revenue at ₹1.44 lakh crore.
- HDFC Bank Q1 profit rises 14% to ₹7,922 crore, NII rose 14% to ₹17,009 crore, GNPA up at 1.47%.
- ICICI Bank Q1 Net profit rises 78% YoY to ₹4,616 crore as provisions fall; NII rose 18% to ₹10,936 crore.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Q1 Net profit rises 32% YoY to ₹1,642 crore, NII rose 6% to ₹3,942.
- IndusInd Bank Q1 net profit doubled to ₹1,016 crore, NII increased 8% to ₹3,564 crore.
- Maruti Suzuki Q1 net profit rose to ₹440.8 crore, revenue soars 333% to ₹17,770.7 crore.
- TCS Q1 Profit rises 29% YoY to ₹9,008 crore, revenue at ₹45,411 crore, approves ₹7/share dividend.
- Infosys Q1 Profit rises to Rs 5,195 crore, revenue climbs to Rs 27,896 crore
- Wipro Q1 net profit rises 9% QoQ to ₹3,243 crore, revenues rises 12.4% to ₹18,252 crore.
- HCL Tech Q1 PAT rises by 9% to ₹3,214 crore, revenue at ₹20,068 crore; declares ₹6/share dividend.
- Tech Mahindra Q1 profit jumps 39% YoY to ₹1,353 crore, revenue grew 11.98% YoY at ₹10,197.6 crore.
- Tata Motors Q1 Consolidated net loss narrows to ₹4,451 crore, revenue up 108% YoY at ₹66,406 crore.
- Hindustan Unilever Q1 net profit rises 9.6% to ₹2,061 crore, revenue rose 12.8% to ₹11,915 crore.
- ITC Q1 profit rises 28.6% YoY to ₹3,013.5 crore, revenue jumps 36.4% to ₹12,959 crore.
|Indices||30-Jul||30-Jun||%1M||01-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Nymex $||73.95||73.72||0.31%||61.30||20.64%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||7.73%||93.87%||22.39%||19.24%||79.26%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Government Bond 10Y||6.20%|
|Forex Reserves $ M||611149|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII (Rs. crore)||MF (Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||(10,947)||26,252|
|Total Since Jan||31,266||67,697|
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.