- India COVID tally touches 30.4 million, 335 million vaccine doses administered so far.
- Active cases account for 1.70% of total infections; recovery rate improves to 96.94%.
- Global Coronavirus caseload crosses 182.9 million; Brazil death toll surpasses 5.18 million.
- Centre begins next phase of nation wide COVID 19 vaccination drive to all above 18 years of age.
- Centre submits vaccination roadmap to SC, says entire population will get jabbed by the end of 2021
- •₹780 for Covishield , ₹1,410 for Covaxin and ₹1,145 for Sputnik V: Centre fixes rates at private centres.
- Many States and UTs announce more lockdown relaxations as virus cases continue to dip.
- PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana: Govt extends free foodgrains scheme till Nov for 80 crore beneficiaries.
- Rajnath Singh approves budgetary support of nearly ₹499 crore for innovations in defence sector.
- India, China discuss ‘early resolution’, agree to hold 12th military talks.
- India, Kuwait sign pact for cooperation on recruitment of Indian workers.
- India calls for open & inclusive order in Indo Pacific region: Rajnath Singh at ASEAN meet.
- India and Bhutan ink MoU for developing cooperation in area of environment.
- S Jaishankar attends G20 ministerial meetings in Italy.
- Thousands of farmers march against Farm laws, mark seven months of protests.
- 5 Ministers, including first woman in decades, take oath in Puducherry Cabinet.
- Amarnath Yatra cancelled for second consecutive year due to COVID 19 pandemic.
- Restoration of statehood, election among 5 demands raised during PM’s meet with J&K’s leaders.
- Tradition, technology India’s greatest strengths: PM Modi at Toycathon 2021.
- Anup Chandra Pandey, former UP Chief Secretary, appointed as new Election Commissioner.
- Aam Aadmi Party to contest all 182 seats in 2022 Gujarat assembly polls.
- Akali Dal announces alliance with BSP for Punjab Assembly elections 2022.
- BJP leader Mukul Roy, son Subhrangshu rejoin TMC in presence of Mamata Banerjee.
- Pashupati Kumar Paras elected unopposed as national president of LJP.
- CBSE submits Class 12 evaluation scheme before Supreme Court; says results by July 31.
- Flying Sikh Milkha Singh dies of COVID complications cremated with full state honours.
- BRICS Foreign Ministers agree on COVID 19 vaccine IPR waiver.
- EU, UK slap new sanctions on entities, individuals related to Myanmar military coup.
- NSAs of member countries pledge to unite against terrorism, radicalism at SCO meet, Tajikistan.
- G 7 summit ends with commitment on vaccines, climate change.
- US outlines plan to send 55 million vaccine doses globally; 16 million earmarked for Asia.
- Ex officer Derek Chauvin gets 22.5 years in prison for George Floyd’s death.
- Delta variant now reported in 85 countries globally, expected to become dominant lineage: WHO.
- WHO clears second Chinese COVID vaccine Sinovac for wider global use.
- More Australian cities under lockdown as COVID 19 Delta variant outbreak continues.
- Antonio Guterres re elected as UN Secretary General for 2nd five year term.
- Pakistan adopts ICJ ordinance allowing Kulbhushan Jadhav to appeal conviction.
- US to buy 500 million Pfizer COVID vaccines to share with 92 lower income countries, African union.
- USCIS reverses Trump era policy denying certain immigrant visa applications.
- US Russia summit: Joe Biden, Vladimir Putin discuss ambassadors, nuclear weapons, cybersecurity.
- US President Joe Biden meets Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, CEO Abdullah at White House.
- UK PM Boris Johnson delays COVID lockdown end by 4 more weeks to July 19.
- Hard line judiciary chief Ebrahim Raisi registers win in Iran’s presidential election.
- Myanmar military junta charges Aung San Suu Kyi with corruption.
- Naftali Bennett sworn in as Israel’s new Prime Minister, ending Netanyahu’s 12 year rule.
- Israel launches new airstrikes on Gaza in response to incendiary balloons.
- FATF keeps Pakistan on ‘Enhanced Follow up List’, asks it to work on terror financing measures.
- Three astronauts blast off for China’s new Tiangong Space Station.
- Asian Boxing Championships: India finishes 4 th with 2 Gold, 5 Silver and 8 Bronze.
- 108 Indian athletes across 17 sporting categories have so far qualified for Tokyo Olympics.
- French Open: Czech’s Barbora Krejcikova wins maiden title; Novak Djokovic wins 19th Grand Slam title.
- New Zealand beat India by 8 wickets to win inaugural ICC World Test Championship title.
- UEFA EURO 2020: Switzerland, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Czech, Denmark, Ukraine and England in quarterfinals.
- Sunil Chhetri overtakes Messi to become 2nd highest international goal scorer.
- Cristiano Ronaldo becomes joint top scorer in men’s international football.
- Nirmala Sitharaman announces ₹6.28 lakh crore stimulus package to boost COVID affected sectors.
- ₹23,220 crore earmarked for healthcare infrastructure; first five lakh tourist visas will be issued free of cost
- Measures include ₹1.1 lakh crore loan guarantee scheme and additional ₹1.5 lakh crore under ECLGS.
- Parliamentary panel directs Facebook, Google to comply with new IT rules, court orders.
- Govt extends ban on international passenger flights till July 31, air bubble pacts to continue.
- Government proposes stricter e commerce norms to tackle unfair trade practices.
- Govt announces ₹12,195 crore PLI Scheme for telecom & Networking equipment.
- Centre releases revenue deficit grant of ₹9,871 crore to 17 states.
- Govt asks ministries, departments to cut ‘controllable’ expenditure by 20%.
- Govt simplifies registration process for MSMEs, only need to furnish PAN and Aadhaar to register.
- MCA raises threshold turnover and borrowing limits in definition of small and medium companies.
- PAN Aadhaar linking deadline extended by 3 months to 30 September.
- Govt extends validity of fitness, registration, driving licence & all permits till Sep 30, 2021.
- Gold hallmarking becomes mandatory with several exemptions.
- RBI leaves key rates unchanged, cuts FY22 GDP growth to 9.5% from 10.5%.
- RBI opens liquidity window of ₹15,000 crore for contact intensive sectors.
- Shyam Metalics , Sona Comstar , Dodla Dairy make their market debuts.
- SEBI halts PNB Housing Finance’s ₹4,000 crore deal with Carlyle Group.
- Centrum BharatPe gets RBI nod to take over crisis ridden Punjab and Maharashtra Co operative Bank.
- SBI General Insurance enters into bancassurance tie up with IDFC First Bank.
- India receives $64 billion FDI in 2020, fifth largest recipient of inflows in world: UN.
- Income tax department launches new e filing portal www.incometax.gov.in.
- Eli Lilly gets DCGI emergency use approval for COVID 19 antibody cocktail drug.
- Subject Expert Committee approves Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin phase 3 efficacy data, 77.8% efficacy shown.
- Serum Institute seeks test licence from DCGI to manufacture COVID vaccine Sputnik V.
- Serum Institute starts production of Novavax’s COVID 19 vaccine Covovax.
- Dr Reddy’s announces commercial launch of anti Covid drug 2DG.
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Lee Pharma signs agreement for production of 2 DG COVID drug.
- Sputnik V rollout: Dr Reddy’s partners with Manipal Hospitals, Aster DM Healthcare, Rockwell industries.
- ICMR approves Gujarat based global medtech company Meril’s self use Covid test kit COVIFIND.
- NCLT approves Piramal Group’s resolution plan for bankrupt financier DHFL.
- SEBI bans Franklin Templeton MF from launching new debt funds for 2 years, imposes ₹5 crore penalty.
- ED transfers assets worth ₹9,371 crore to PSU banks in Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi fraud case.
- Deadline extended for mandatory dual airbags for front seat passengers in existing car models to Dec 31.
- Gujarat gives ₹870 crore push to EV, charging infrastructure.
- Carmakers start to ramp up production as COVID 19 restrictions ease in states.
- Wipro collaborates with Germany’s FEV to open Innovation Lab for developing Software Defined Vehicles.
- Nissan India begins export of the Magnite to Nepal, Indonesia, and South Africa.
- Hyundai Motor buys US based robotics firm Boston Dynamics for $880 million.
- Yamuna International Airport secures ₹3,725 crore SBI financing to develop Noida International Airport.
- EU, US reach deal to end Boeing Airbus trade dispute after 17 years.
- NCLT approves resolution plan of Kalrock Capital and entrepreneur Murari Lal Jalan for Jet Airways revival.
- Reliance Jio and Google announce JioPhone Next ultra affordable 4G Phone and 5G partnership.
- Jio Platforms, Qualcomm join hands for local manufacturing of critical 5G equipment.
- Axiata, Telenor sign $16 billion deal to merge Malaysian telecoms units.
- Airtel announces partnership with Tata group for 5G network solutions.
- Nokia to receive Patent fees from Daimler, ending legal fight over Royalties for key technologies.
- Infosys wins digital technology integration contract from US Based Archrock.
- Virgin Atlantic partners with TCS to power recovery and transformation.
- US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen holds virtual meeting with China’s Vice Premier.
- G7 nations’ Finance Ministers agree to commit to a global minimum tax of at least 15%.
- US suspends additional tariffs on India, Austria, Italy, Spain, Turkey and the UK in digital tax dispute.
- Australia and the United Kingdom announce post Brexit trade deal.
- China blocks cryptocurrency related social media accounts amid crackdown on Bitcoin trading, mining.
- World Bank rejects El Salvador request for help on bitcoin implementation.
- US blacklists 28 more Chinese firms to investors over ‘facilitating serious human rights abuses’.
- Bosch opens $1.2 billion chip plant in Germany, its biggest ever investment.
- PharmEasy acquires 66% stake in Thyrocare Tech, to make open offer to grab additional 26%.
- Tata Digital invests $75 million in Curefit ; buys a majority stake in digital health company
- IKEA enters Bengaluru, launches ecommerce and mobile shopping app.
- BharatPe acquires loyalty platform PAYBACK India.
- Google Pay launches cards tokenisation with SBI, IndusInd Bank & other banks in collaboration with Visa.
- Byju’s becomes India’s most valued startup at $16.5 billion with UBS, Blackstone funding.
- Grofers becomes a unicorn after Zomato reportedly invests $120 million.
- Samsung shifts display manufacturing unit From China to Noida.
- Hindustan Unilever sets up a new fully owned subsidiary Unilever India Ltd.
- TikTok , WeChat ban lifted, Biden signs new orders to shield US
- ZEE5 forays into the US market.
- Google announces ₹113 crore grant to set up 80 oxygen plants, upskill rural health workers in India.
- Global economy expected to expand 5.6% in 2021, India’s FY22 GDP seen at 8.3% : World Bank.
- Kerala retains top rank in ‘ Niti Aayog’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index 2020 21.
- Amitabh Kant gets one year extension up to June 2022 as CEO Niti Aayog.
- Raghuram Rajan, Esther Duflo , Dr Arvind Subramanian among 5 named in Tamil Nadu Economic council.
- Microsoft names CEO Satya Nadella as Chairman.
- Guenter Butschek to step down as Tata Motors CEO & MD on June 30.
- Warren Buffett resigns from Gates Foundation board; donates $4.1 billion.
- PNB posts ₹586 crore profit in Q4; NII jumps over 48% to ₹6,937 crore, GNPA lower at 14.12%.
- Ashok Leyland Q4 profit soars 550% to ₹377 crore, FY21 loss stands at ₹70 crore.
- ITC Q4 Net profit falls 1.3% YoY to ₹3,748 crore, revenue up nearly 25% at ₹13,294 crore.
- ONGC reports Q4 profit at ₹6,734 crore, realisation increases 18.4%, revenue decline 1% to ₹21,189 crore.
- IndiGo Q4 net loss expands to ₹1,147 crore, revenue dropped 25% to ₹6,222 crore.
|Indices||30-Jun||31-May||%1M||01-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Nymex $||73.72||67.73||8.84%||61.30||20.26%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||8.31%||85.52%||29.11%||19.38%||77.81%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Government Bond 10Y||6.05%|
|Forex Reserves $ M||603930|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII (Rs. crore)||MF (Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||6,907||3,593|
|Total Since Jan||43,356||41,445|