- PM Modi embarks on a three-day state visit to the US; both countries sign many vital agreements.
- PM Modi, Egyptian President El-Sisi sign deal to elevate bilateral relationship to a “Strategic Partnership“.
- NSA Ajit Doval holds talks with US NSA Jake Sullivan on bilateral, regional & international issues.
- Eastern Ladakh border row: India, China hold in-person diplomatic talks.
- India, Nepal agree to tackle boundary dispute amicably; ink raft of pacts to broad-base ties.
- India, Bangladesh agree to initiate 5 joint development projects for border population.
- Jaishankar, Brazilian counterpart hold talks on advancing cooperation in BRICS, IBSA, G20 blocs.
- PM Modi writes to G20 members, proposes full membership for African Union.
- US Defence Secretary Austin arrives in India, holds talks with Rajnath Singh.
- PM Modi and Saudi Crown Prince discuss ways to bolster relations in connectivity, energy & defence.
- President Murmu holds talks with Suriname President; 3 MoUs signed in Agriculture and Health sectors.
- NITI Aayog, UN sign GoI-UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2023-27.
- Guinness world record created at PM Modi’s Yoga event in US for most nationalities.
- PM Modi flags off 5 Vande Bharat trains in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh.
- Agriculture ministry launches PM Kisan Mobile App with face recognition.
- PM Modi distributes about 70,000 appointment letters to newly inducted recruits under Rozgar mela.
- Centre announces 3 schemes worth over ₹8,000 crore for disaster management in country.
- Centre reviews health preparedness in 7 states as heatwave death toll up.
- India signs global Artemis accord with US, to share data resources over Moon mission.
- Govt clears deal, India to buy US Predator drones that target enemy with pinpoint accuracy.
- Defence Ministry signs ₹500 crore contract to strengthen Indian Army’s communication system.
- Navy carries out successful test of Made in India heavyweight Torpedo to destroy underwater target.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh launches mRNA-based Covid Booster Vaccine – GEMCOVAC-OM.
- Fresh violence erupts in Manipur; Rahul Gandhi visits relief camps.
- Telangana CM KCR inaugurates Asia’s largest govt-funded housing complex at Kollur.
- NCP’s Sharad Pawar appoints Praful Patel, Supriya Sule as new working presidents.
- Congress appoints TS Singh Deo as Chhattisgarh’s Deputy CM ahead of polls.
- Tamil Nadu minister Senthil Balaji arrested after ED raids.
- Odisha’s triple train crash: 291 dead, over 900 injured in India’s worst train accident in over two decades.
- At 13 days and 3 hours, Biparjoy longest duration cyclone since 1977 makes landfall in coastal Gujarat.
- Chhattisgarh IPS officer Ravi Sinha appointed new chief of Research and Analysis Wing.
- Protesting wrestlers meet Amit Shah, Anurag Thakur, demand Brij Bhushan’s arrest.
- BIS makes license mandatory for 24 footwear products; orders quality control on firemen’s boots, jackets.
- Nehru Memorial Museum and Library renamed Prime Ministers’ Museum and Library Society.
- Yoga event in Surat with over 1 lakh participants sets Guinness World Record.
- Opposition meet in Patna: 15 parties agree to contest 2024 elections together.
- Centre gives nod to National Research Foundation Bill, 2023.
- CAG to probe ‘irregularities’ in Delhi CM house revamp.
- Antony Blinken meets Chinese President Xi Jinping in bid to ease soaring US-China tensions.
- Ukraine, India discuss implementation of Zelenskyy-PM Modi’s agreements.
- Pentagon announces $2 billion Ukraine air defence package.
- Belarus starts receiving tactical nuclear weapons from Russia.
- African leaders meet with Russian, Ukrainian leaders to broker peace between Kyiv and Moscow.
- Russia’s private militia Wagner turns rebel, later agree to Belarus mediated deal to defuse tensions.
- EU approves 11th sanctions package against Russia over Ukraine.
- Former Vice President Mike Pence files paperwork launching 2024 Presidential bid.
- Donald Trump surrenders in court, released, pleads not guilty in secret documents case.
- UAE President Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan meets with Putin, calls for dialogue to end Ukraine war.
- Boris Johnson quits as MP after being told he will be sanctioned for misleading Parliament.
- Iran unveils ‘hypersonic missile’, claims it can beat air defenses.
- Canada launches open work-permit stream for 10,000 American H-1B Visa holders.
- China inks deal with Pakistan to set up a nuclear power plant in Punjab province.
- Former Pakistan leaders Nawaz Sharif, Asif Zardari meet in UAE over election, seat sharing.
- Erdogan sworn in as President of Turkiye for third time.
- United Nations adopt first-ever treaty to protect marine life in high seas.
- China, Pakistan, Iran discuss regional security challenges, Taliban at counter-terrorism meet.
- Sri Lanka’s Cabinet of Ministers gives its approval for Sri Lanka’s domestic debt restructuring program.
- 2023 ODI World Cup: Tournament to begin on Oct 5, India to start campaign on Oct 8 against Australia.
- WTC final 2023: Australia crushes India by 209 runs to win World Test Championship title.
- Australia beat England by two wickets to win first Ashes Test.
- Satwiksairaj Rankireddy-Chirag Shetty win Indonesia Open Men’s Doubles title.
- Novak Djokovic wins French Open to claim men’s singles record 23rd Grand Slam title.
- WFI’s special general meeting notice issued, election & results on July 6.
- Bhavani Devi bags bronze, becomes first Indian fencer to win medal in Asian Championships.
- Centre releases ₹1.18 lakh crore as third instalment of tax devolution to states in June.
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May.
- India’s GDP Grows 6.1% in January-March Quarter, 7.2% in FY23.
- Govt eases policy related to export of certain types of drones, UAVs.
- Centre approves ₹56,415 crores to 16 States for Capital Investment in current financial year.
- RBI leaves repo rate on hold at 6.5%; flags monsoon uncertainties and impact of El Nino.
- MPC opts for hawkish pause, focused on 4% inflation target; retains FY24 GDP growth forecast at 6.5%.
- World Bank approves $255.5 million loan for Indian technical education.
- US, India agree to terminate six of the seven disputes at World Trade Organization.
- Cabinet okays ₹1 lakh crore to create grain storage capacity in cooperative sector.
- Govt caps tur and urad dal stock to curb hoarding, rising prices.
- Govt directs FCI to conduct e-auctions of wheat and rice to check inflationary trends in retail prices.
- Nitin Gadkari lays foundation stone of 10 National Highway projects worth more than ₹8,415 crores in UP.
- Sarbananda Sonowal flags off India’s First International Cruise, From Chennai To Sri Lanka – MV Empress.
- Cabinet approves ₹2,980 crore for Exploration of Coal and Lignite scheme.
- NLC India forms arm to undertake green energy projects.
- National drug pricing body fixes ceiling prices of 51 drugs and 2 formulations.
- World Bank approves $1.5 billion financing for India’s low carbon energy sector.
- Indian stock indices touch fresh all-time highs; Sensex breaches record 64,000-mark, Nifty scales 19,000.
- Wipro extends closing date of ₹12,000 crore buyback to June 30.
- Amrutanjan Health Care board approves buyback plan at ₹900 per share.
- SEBI bans Zee promoters Subhash Chandra, Punit Goenka from holding directorial, key managerial roles.
- SEBI bars IIFL Securities from taking new clients for 2 years.
- ICICI Bank board approves delisting of equity shares of ICICI Securities.
- SBI presents dividend cheque of ₹5,740 crore to Finance Minister.
- HDFC to merge into HDFC Bank effective July 1.
- UK’s Abrdn exits India’s HDFC AMC in $432 million stake sale.
- Equitas Holdings surrenders NBFC license to RBI.
- LIC Mutual Fund to acquire all schemes of IDBI Mutual Fund.
- Bajaj Finserv forays into mutual fund business.
- India and US identify around 25 areas of technology for partnership.
- TCS inks $1.1 billion deal with UK pension scheme Nest.
- Infosys signs $454 million deal with Danske Bank to boost digital transformation.
- Microsoft joins Indian govt to train 6K students, 200 educators in cybersecurity skills.
- Bill Gates meets with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Beijing.
- Cabinet approves $2.7 billion Micron’s chip plant; unit expected to create 5,000 jobs.
- Cabinet approves revival package of ₹89,047 crore for BSNL.
- Govt charts new rules for Oppo, Realme, and other Chinese mobile companies.
- TVS Motor fully acquires Swiss E-Mobility Group after buying residual stake.
- Stellantis, Foxconn form 50-50 JV on semiconductors for auto industry.
- ISRO partners with Tata Elxsi to strengthen capabilities for Gaganyaan Mission.
- Centre asks airlines to devise mechanism for reasonable pricing of air tickets.
- IndiGo makes historic $50 billion aircraft order, securing 500 Airbus A320 family planes.
- Air India places firm order for 470 planes from Airbus, Boeing at Paris Airshow.
- Akasa Air orders four Boeing B737 MAX planes at Paris Air Show.
- Go First creditors approve ₹425 crore interim fund to revive airline, await board nod.
- General Motor to join Tesla’s EV charging network in US.
- Tata to build India’s 1st lithium-ion cell manufacturing gigafactory in Gujarat.
- Aether Industries signs licensing agreement with Saudi Aramco Technologies.
- Tesla will be in India as soon as humanly possible: Elon Musk after meet with PM Modi.
- Saudi Arabia announces to cut oil production by 1 million barrels per day in July.
- Shell Petroleum decides to sell its shares, exit Pakistani market.
- GE Aerospace signs pact with HAL to manufacture fighter jet engines for IAF.
- Thyssenkrupp, India’s Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders sign submarine MoU.
- Yamuna Expressway Authority launches data centre scheme, eyes ₹220 crore revenue.
- Supreme Court revives ban on Uber, Rapido bike taxis in New Delhi.
- India bans 14 fixed-dose medicines for likely posing risks to health.
- President Biden signs debt limit bill, avoiding U.S. default.
- Fed keeps rates unchanged for first time in 15 months but signals 2 more potential hikes this year.
- IMF reaches staff-level agreement with Pakistan on $3 billion ‘stand-by arrangement’.
- World Bank approves $1.5 billion loan for Ukraine’s economic recovery.
- Pakistan govt hikes federal budget for next fiscal year.
- New Zealand’s economy dips into recession as higher interest rates bite.
- UK net debt passes 100% of GDP for first time since 1961.
- World Bank to provide $500 million budget support to Sri Lanka.
- BBC acknowledges it paid lower taxes in India.
- Jio Cinema wins digital rights for India’s tour of West Indies 2023.
- Lulu Group set to invest ₹10,000 crore in India; ₹3,500 crore in Telangana over next 5 years.
- Byju’s lenders scrap talks to restructure $1.2 billion loan.
- Deloitte resigns as statutory auditor of Byju’s and Aakash Educational.
- CCL acquires six coffee brands from Lofbergs Group.
- Indian American Ajay Banga takes over as World Bank President.
- IndiGo CEO Pieter Elbers elected as next chief of IATA’s board of governors.
- SBI MD Swaminathan Janakiraman appointed as RBI’s deputy governor.
- Eddie Wu to succeed Daniel Zhang as Amazon CEO, Joe Tsai named group’s chairman.
|Indices||30-Jun||31-May||% 1M||02-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||75.19||73.08||2.89%||85.50||-12.06%|
|Crude Nymex $||70.45||68.47||2.89%||79.92||-11.85%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||3.57%||2.87%||19.58%||18.11%||9.69%|
|Exports in ($ Bn)||34.98|
|Imports ($ Bn)||57.1|
|FDI||2773||Government Bond 10Y||7.11%|
|Forex Reserves ($ Mn)||5,93,200|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Total 1 M||24,119||26,602|
|Total Since Jan||64,707||59,391|