- Second phase COVID-19 vaccination drive begins for people over 60 & above 45 years with co-morbidities.
- Centre asks States, UTs to increase gap between two doses of Covishield vaccine between 4 & 8 weeks.
- PM Modi chairs high-level meeting with all CMs of States & UTs over surge in COVID-19 cases.
- India COVID tally reaches 12.20 million with over 244 million tests done; recovery rate stands at 93.88% .
- Global COVID-19 caseload tops 129 million, death toll surge to 2.82 million.
- Over 6.30 crore doses of corona vaccine have been administered in the country
- President gives assent to bill giving more powers to Delhi Lieutenant Governor.
- More than 67.5 lakh people brought back from around the world under Vande Bharat Mission.
- India supplies over 5.86 crore doses of Made in India COVID vaccines to nearly 71 countries.
- Assembly elections 2021, 1st Phase: 2.14% voter turnout recorded in Assam and 79.79% in Bengal.
- Campaigning for 2nd phase polling in West Bengal, Assam ends today; polling on April 1.
- Election Commission cuts notice period for new political parties from 30 days to 7 days.
- Suvendu Adhikari to contest Bengal election from Nandigram seat against Mamata Banerjee.
- Ex-BJP leader Yashwant Sinha joins Trinamool Congress, appointed as party’s Vice President.
- Congress’s PC Chacko quits party ahead of Kerala polls, joins NCP.
- V K Sasikala quits politics ahead of Assembly elections in Tamil Nadu.
- CM Manohar Lal Khattar’s govt wins trust vote in Haryana assembly comfortably.
- Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat resigns; BJP MP Tirath Rawat named new CM.
- Quad Meet: Australia, India, Japan and the US stress for a free, open and rule-based Indo-Pacific region.
- India, Sweden hold virtual summit, agree to strengthen bilateral cooperation on digitalization, startups.
- India, Nigeria resolve to step up cooperation in combating terrorism.
- PM Modi virtually inaugurates ‘Maitri Setu’ connecting India-Bangladesh.
- India, Bangladesh ink 5 agreements; agree to expand cooperation across entire gamut of water resources.
- US Defence Secretary Austin visits India; meets PM Modi, Rajanth Singh and NSA Ajit Doval.
- US Defense Chief Lloyd Austin meets Afghan President in Kabul as troop withdrawal deadline nears.
- Govt constitutes 259-member panel headed by PM to commemorate 75 years of India’s independence.
- Digitisation of 4.50 crore pages of Records & Exhibition on Mahatma Gandhi inaugurated.
- World Water Day: PM Modi virtually launches Jal Shakti Abhiyan : Catch the Rain campaign.
- Delhi gets its own education board as government registers Delhi Board of School Education (DBSE).
- Govt signs ₹1,188 crores deal with Bharat Dynamics to acquire 4,960 Milan-2T missiles.
- After 23 years, Indian Navy deploys women officers on warships.
- INS Karanj, third Scorpene-Class Submarine, commissioned into Indian Navy.
- India to buy 30 US Predator drones for $3 billion to counter China, Pakistan.
- ISRO launches DRDO’s satellite ‘Sindhu Netra’ to monitor activities in Indian Ocean.
- ISRO develops radar for joint earth observation satellite mission with NASA.
- China approves building dam on Brahmaputra in Tibet, near Arunachal Pradesh border.
- WHO experts report says it has ‘not yet’ found source of coronavirus; calls for further studies.
- EU states resume AstraZeneca vaccine after EU drug regulator declares shot safe for use.
- US President Biden outlines plan to get US ‘closer to normal’ by July 4.
- French PM announces month-long limited COVID-19 lockdown for Paris, other regions.
- Germany extends lockdown until April 18 as COVID-19 cases continue to rise.
- Australia extends international border closure till June in view of COVID crisis.
- China relaxes its border for foreigners inoculated with Chinese vaccines.
- Russia, Iran tried to meddle in 2020 Presidential elections: US intelligence report.
- Pentagon approves extending Guard deployment at US Capitol for 2 more months.
- US President Biden signs $1.9 trillion stimulus bill into law on US lockdown anniversary.
- US House passes pair of immigration bills amid influx of migrants crossing US-Mexico border.
- Myanmar coup: Dozens killed as army opens fire on protesters during deadliest day.
- Suez Canal reopens after Ever Given cargo ship successfully refloated.
- Pope Francis visits regions of Iraq once held by Islamic State.
- NASA’s Perseverance rover performs first test drive on Mars.
- IND vs ENG: India managed to win all the series — Test 3-1, ODI 3-2, T20 2-1.
- IPL 2021 to take place from 9 April to 30 May; six Indian cities to host all matches.
- Kieron Pollard becomes third batsman to hit six 6s in an over in international cricket.
- Aaron Finch becomes first Australia batsman to hit 100 Sixes in T20Is.
- Mithali Raj becomes first Indian woman to score 10,000 international runs, second overall.
- Yuzvendra Chahal leapfrogs Jasprit Bumrah, becomes India’s highest wicket-taker in T20Is.
- India’s Mithali Raj has become the first women’s cricketer in history to reach 7000 ODI runs.
- Virat Kohli becomes first batsman to complete 3000 runs in T20I cricket.
- Puma signs three-year sponsorship deal with Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Sony Pictures Networks signs multi-year agreement to broadcast Ultimate Kho Kho.
- Novak Djokovic sets a new landmark of 311 weeks as world number one, surpassing Roger Federer.
- Govt releases 12th and final monthly instalment of revenue deficit grant of ₹6,194.09 crore to the states.
- Cabinet clears bill for new Development Finance Institution.
- President Kovind Approves Bill to Set up National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development.
- Adityanath, Hardeep Singh flagged off Gorakhpur-Lucknow flight service under RCS-UDAN scheme.
- Rajya Sabha passes Insurance Amendment Bill, 2021; FDI limit increased to 74% from 49%.
- Govt constitutes empowered committee headed by Commerce Minister for high-tech manufacturing.
- Waiver on registration fee, 25% rebate on road tax: Gadkari announces vehicle scrappage policy.
- Govt to levy fine of up to ₹1 crore on auto firms on mandatory vehicle recalls.
- Govt makes passenger side airbag mandatory in new cars from April 1.
- Govt to provide all-India tourist permit to operators in 30 days of online application submission.
- Govt increases lower fare band for flights by 5% on ATF price hike, extends cap on 80% capacity.
- DGCA issues circular for airports, warns passengers to wear masks properly inside aircraft.
- Adityanath, Hardeep Singh flagged off Gorakhpur-Lucknow flight service under RCS-UDAN scheme.
- Govt approves 33 API applications with over ₹5,000 crore committed investment under PLI scheme.
- NITI Aayog submits first list of about 12 PSUs for privatisation.
- BIS license is must for packaged drinking water companies from April 1: FSSAI.
- Easy Trip Planners’ , Kalyan Jewellers, Craftsman Automation, Laxmi Organic Industries’, MTAR Technologies,
Nazara Technologies, Suryoday Small Finance Bank, Barbeque Nation Hospitality debut in stock market.
- RBI asks banks to implement image-based Cheque Truncation System in all branches by Sep 30.
- No compound, penal interest be charged from borrowers during loan moratorium period: SC.
- Govt amends rules to bring insurance brokers within ombudsman ambit.
- India to manufacture Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine as part of Quad initiative.
- Govt signs fresh purchase agreement with Bharat Biotech for 2 crore doses of Covaxin.
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) brings more than 80 medicines under Price Regulation.
- US to provide financial assistance to Indian vaccine manufacturer Biological E.
- Russia reaches deal with Virchow Biotech to make Sputnik V in India.
- Gland Pharma inks pact to supply 252 million doses of Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine.
- Moderna, AstraZeneca, Pfizer conduct COVID vaccine trials on children.
- Spectrum auction ends with ₹77,815 crore bids; Reliance Jio top buyer with ₹57,122 crore.
- DoT demands ₹21,919 crore as upfront payment for spectrum from telecom companies.
- SC sets aside NCLAT order restoring Cyrus Mistry as executive chairman of Tata Group.
- Future-RIL deal: Delhi HC halts ₹24,713 crore acquisition; orders attachment of Biyani’s assets.
- India and US agree to revamp India-US Strategic Energy Partnership (SEP).
- US suspends trade deal with Myanmar in aftermath of military coup.
- Bank Of Japan maintains short-term interest rate target at -0.1%.
- UK’s Rishi Sunak hikes corporation tax to 25% , extends job support system until September.
- China sets economic growth target ‘above 6%’ for 2021, defense budget hiked by 6.8% to $209 billion.
- Inflation-stricken Venezuela rolls out new, larger-denomination banknotes.
- Turkish lira falls 16% after President Erdogan sacks central bank chief.
- Sri Lanka signs three-year $1.5 billion currency swap deal with China.
- Infosys announces expansion in Canada, double workforce to 4,000 by 2023.
- HCL Tech opens digital acceleration centre in Canada.
- Tata Consultancy expands strategic partnership with Vodafone Netherlands.
- Tech Mahindra acquires 70% stake in Perigord to augment pharma expertise for €21million.
- OPEC+ decides to extend current production cuts till April; allows Russia, Kazakhstan to raise output.
- Saudi cuts April crude for some Asian refiners, maintains India supply.
- Indian Oil Corporation enters into joint venture with Israeli firm Phinergy.
- Mahindra receives clearance from RBI to reduce stake in SsangYong Motor.
- Jaguar Land Rover to write down £1.5 billion as part of restructuring.
- Piaggio, KTM, Honda, Yamaha sign swappable batteries agreement to increase range and lower cost.
- Boeing unveils new executive performance metrics tied to product safety and quality.
- Boeing wins biggest 737 MAX order since safety-ban lift from Southwest.
- Mahindra Defence wins contract to make armoured vehicles for Indian army.
- India imports Chinese toys worth $600 million every year.
- China asks Alibaba to divest stake in media assets, including South China Morning Post.
- Morgan Stanley becomes first major U.S. bank to offer clients access to bitcoin funds.
- Sri Lanka approves proposal to develop West Container Terminal at Colombo Port with Adani group.
- Facebook resume Political and Social issue Advertisements on its platform.
- News Corp reaches three-year agreement with Facebook in Australia.
- Google to reduce its Play Store commission to 15% for developers on first $1 million revenue.
- Apple ordered to pay over $300 million for digital rights management patent infringement.
- Amazon Care marks the Company’s entry into Healthcare services in the US.
- Microsoft ends support for original cross-platform Edge browser.
- PhonePe signs up six sponsorship deals for the IPL 2021.
- Amazon infuses ₹225 crore into India payments unit.
- Uber agrees to classify drivers in UK as ‘workers’; to give drivers minimum wage, pension, holiday pay.
- SpaceX successfully tests Starship SN10 rocket after 2 failed attempts.
- Oyo’s Singapore subsidiary secures $200 million term loan from SoftBank.
- Indian Gaming League raises $500,000 from Hungama Digital Media and Hindustan Talkies.
- Vi partners with Disney+ Hotstar to provide year of free content to users.
- Disney+ streaming platform crosses 100 million subscriber milestone.
- Canara Bank’s Executive Director Matam Venkata Rao appointed as new MD & CEO of Central Bank.
- US Senate confirms Katherine Tai as Biden’s chief trade negotiator.
- Ralf Speth to take over as TVS Motor Chairman in 2023 Venu Srinivasan will become Chairman Emeritus.
- Google vice-president Caesar Sengupta steps down.
- Dr Anish Shah to replace Dr Pawan Goenka as Mahindra MD and CEO.
|Indices||28-Feb||29-Jan||%1M||01-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||63.54||66.13||-3.92%||66.29||-4.15%|
|Crude Nymex $||59.39||61.50||-3.43%||61.30||-3.12%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||3.74%||64.45%||20.13%||15.54%||52.51%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Government Bond 10Y||6.18%|
|Forex Reserves $ M||582271|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII (Rs. crore)||MF (Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||13,574||6,813|
|Total Since Jan||51,445||(11,416)|