- Assembly Elections 2022: BJP retains power in 4 States, landslide win for AAP in Punjab.
- 2nd terms for CMs in UP, Goa, Manipur and Uttarakhand; Bhagwant Mann takes oath as 18th Punjab CM.
- Bypolls in West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Maharashtra will be held on April 12, counting on April 16.
- 2nd part of Budget session of Parliament resumes. Parliament approves ₹1.42 lakh crore budget for J&K.
- Govt approves acquisition proposals of armed forces worth over ₹8,000 crore.
- India, China ‘agree to maintain stability on ground’ in 15th round of LAC talks.
- PM Modi upholds commitment to Indo-Pacific region’s peace, stability and prosperity at QUAD meet.
- Japan’s PM Fumio Kishida arrives in India; announces ₹3.2 lakh crore worth investments over next 5 years.
- PM Modi and Scott Morrison hold India-Australia Virtual Summit, discusses regional, international issues.
- China Foreign Minister Wang Yi meets with NSA Ajit Doval, EAM Jaishankar.
- PM Modi calls for regional unity and cooperation among BIMSTEC nations.
- India, Indonesia discusses countering terrorism, cyber safety and maritime security issues.
- Sonia Gandhi continues as Congress interim President; Congress’ G-23 pushes for party overhaul.
- Sharad Yadav merges LJD with Lalu Prasad Yadav’s RJD.
- Assam, Meghalaya sign historic agreement to resolve 50-year-old boundary dispute.
- India’s COVID-19 cases crosses 4.3 crore, death toll rises to 5.21 lakh; 60.1% of population fully vaccinated.
- COVID-19 vaccination of children in age group of 12 to 14 begins; more than 1.5 crore received COVID jabs.
- Centre to end COVID-19 containment measures from March 31; face masks, social distancing to continue.
- Government restores 5-year e-tourist visa to foreign nationals; 10 years visa to US, Japan citizens.
- India, Maldives ink pact for mutual recognition of COVID-19 vaccination certificates.
- Operation Ganga: Over 22500 Indian citizens evacuated so far from Ukraine.
- National Medical Commission allows foreign medical graduates to complete internship in India after Test.
- India, WHO sign pact to set up global centre for traditional medicine in Gujarat.
- Karnataka High Court rules wearing hijab not essential religious practice.
- Home Ministry amends Census rules to allow self-enumeration, digital data collection.
- India regrets accidental firing of Brahmos missile into Pak, orders high-level probe.
- Padma awards: Gen. Rawat, Ghulam Nabi Azad, SII’s Cyrus Poonawalla, Covaxin makers, N Chandrasekhar,
late Kalyan Singh, Neeraj Chopra among awardees.
- Russia-Ukraine crisis: India abstains from voting on resolutions led by UN and Russia.
- Indian Embassy in Ukraine temporarily relocated to Poland.
- Russia targets Ukraine’s Chernobyl and Zaporizhzhia nuclear plants.
- US House approves $13.6 billion in aid for Ukraine in huge spending bill.
- President Biden announces another $500 million in direct aid to Ukraine.
- Polish, Czech, Slovenian PMs travel to Kyiv in EU show of support for Ukraine.
- NATO rejects no-fly zone over Ukraine, despite President Zelensky’s repeated pleas.
- Russia-Ukraine war enters its 36th day; heavy shelling, missile strikes continue.
- Russia, Ukraine hold face-to-face peace talks in Istanbul.
- Russia strikes Ukraine with cruise missiles from Black Sea and Caspian Sea.
- EU imposes 4th set of sanctions against Russia for war.
- Ukraine’s President Volodomyr Zelenskyy addresses NATO Summit, asks for weapons.
- US President Biden visits Europe, announces new sanctions and measures to help Ukrainian refugees.
- Russia halts WWII peace treaty talks with Japan in response to sanctions over Ukraine invasion.
- US President Joe Biden proposes $1.8 billion for Indo-Pacific Strategy.
- US Senate approves bill to make daylight saving time permanent.
- United States reaches 65,000 H-1B visa cap for 2022 USCIS.
- UN Chief warns pandemic not over, decries ‘scandalous’ vaccine inequality
- Global COVID-19 caseload 488 million, fatalities at 6.16 million.
- Shanghai locked down as China’s biggest city sees over 3,400 asymptomatic COVID cases.
- Pakistani opposition moves no-confidence motion to seek PM Imran Khan’s ouster.
- Pakistan hosts Organization of Islamic Cooperation meet; Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi attends.
- Conservative candidate Yoon Suk-yeol elected South Korean President.
- North Korea fires possible ICBM in largest test since 2017; conducts ninth missile test of the year
- All 132 passengers presumed dead after 737 plane crashes in mountains in China.
- Oscars 2022: CODA wins Best Film; Dune makes a mark with six wins.
- India vs Sri Lanka: India sweep the Test series 2-0.
- Virat Kohli becomes 12th Indian to play in 100 Tests, 6th Indian batsman to reach 8000 runs.
- ICC Women World Cup: England to face Australia in final.
- Jhulan Goswami becomes first woman to enter 250-wicket club, joins elite Indian men’s bowlers.
- IPL 2022 kick off; Lucknow and Gujarat, joined the format taking the total to ten teams this year.
- MS Dhoni steps down as Chennai Super Kings captain, Ravindra Jadeja to lead in IPL 2022.
- Bangladesh seal historic one-day series triumph over South Africa.
- Swiss Open: PV Sindhu clinches title; Prannoy finishes runner-up in men’s singles.
- Daniil Medvedev overtakes Novak Djokovic for No. 1 in ATP rankings.
- World No. 1 Ashleigh Barty announces retirement from tennis aged 25.
- Cristiano Ronaldo becomes all-time leading scorer record on 807 goals.
- Tiger Woods officially inducted into World Golf Hall of Fame.
- Legendary Australian spinner Shane Warne dies of heart attack at 52.
- Court of Arbitration for Sport upholds FIFA’s ban on Russia’s participation in World Cup.
- Lok Sabha passes Finance Bill; completes budgetary exercise for FY23.
- Centre seeks Parliament nod for ₹1.07 lakh crore extra spending in 2021-22.
- Cabinet nod to National Land Monetization Corporation for monetising surplus land of PSUs.
- Govt collects ₹1.33 lakh crore GST in February, cess collection crosses ₹10,000 crore for first time.
- Over ₹53,600 crore GST compensation yet to be released to states this fiscal: Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurates 19 NH projects worth Rs 1,407 crore in Haryana and Rajasthan.
- India achieved its merchandise export target of $400 billion for FY22.
- PLI scheme for Automobile, Auto Component Industry attracts investment of ₹74,850 crore.
- EPFO fixes 8.1% as interest rate on provident fund deposits for 2021-22, lowest since 1977-78.
- Trade Unions went on 2-day nationwide strike; Banking, public transport services affected in some states.
- Petrol, diesel prices see 9 hikes in 10 days, total increase now stands at ₹6.40 a litre.
- BSE joins hands with Tamil Nadu government’s M-TIPB to promote listing of MSMEs.
- LIC gets SEBI approval to launch India’s biggest ever IPO.
- TCS’ ₹18,000 crore buyback offer subscribed 7.5 times; acceptance ratio at 26%.
- India resumes regular International Flights from 27th March; Covid curbs eased in airport, flights.
- Transactions under the UPI crossed the 5-billion count for the first time in March 2022.
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das launches ‘UPI123Pay’ for feature phones and 24/7 helpline, DigiSaathi.
- PNB reports fraud of ₹2,000 crore in IL&FS Tamil Nadu Power Company’s loan.
- DCGI’s EUA nod for Serum Institute’s COVID Vaccine – Covovax – for 12-17 age group.
- India, Japan launch clean energy partnership at 14th Annual Summit.
- Food, fuel prices skyrocket in Sri Lanka as it battles worst economic crisis; Sri Lankan rupee tumbles.
- India extends $1 billion line of credit to Sri Lanka.
- India signs agreement to set up hybrid power projects on northern Sri Lankan islands.
- US Fed increases interest rates by 25 bps and signals more hikes ahead.
- Bank of England raises key rate to 0.75% from 0.5%, warns inflation could break 8%.
- IMF approves $1.4 billion in emergency funding support for Ukraine.
- World Bank approves $723 million loans, grants for Ukraine amid Russia invasion.
- Japan revokes Russia’s ‘Most-Favored Nation’ trade status.
- Major US, European firms pull out of Russia following invasion; World Bank, BRICS Bank suspend projects.
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX sent thousands of Starlink satellite internet dishes to Ukraine.
- IMF board signs off $44 billion Argentina debt deal, warns on risk.
- Saudi Arabia signs deals worth $2.13 billion with local, foreign defence firms.
- FATF keeps Pakistan in grey list, tells do more to probe, prosecute terrorists.
- Indian Railways tests indigenous train collision protection system ‘Kavach’.
- Cochin Shipyard, Dredging Corporation sign pact to build India’s first indigenous dredger.
- Prasar Bharati signs MoU with Yupp TV to expand global reach.
- Lulu Group to invest ₹3,500 crore in Tamil Nadu; 5 UAE firms sign MoUs worth ₹2,600 crore with the state.
- Samsung signs MoU with TN govt to invest ₹1,588 crore to set up new compressor plant for refrigerators.
- Suzuki signs MoU with Gujarat govt for electrical vehicles and battery manufacturing in India.
- India’s largest EV charging station for 4-wheelers opens in Gurugram with a capacity of 121 EV chargers.
- Hyundai Motor opens first plant in Indonesia to gear up Southeast Asia drive.
- MG Motor launches new venture ‘MG Charge’ to install 1,000 chargers in India in 1,000 days.
- Hero MotoCorp unveils new brand ‘Vida’ for emerging mobility solutions.
- Sony, Honda announce partnership to make electric vehicles.
- HAL introduces 19-seater aircraft, can be operated in semi-prepared and unpaved airstrips.
- U.S. FAA finalizes Boeing 777 safety directives after fan blade failures.
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX wins more NASA crew flights to ISS for $3.49 billion.
- Australia unveils $360 million in financing of critical minerals to offset China’s dominance.
- IEA members agree to release 60 million barrels of oil from their strategic reserves.
- Oil price surges to highest since 2008, as brent hit $139/barrel.
- India buys Russian oil despite pressure for sanctions; G7 rejects Russia’s demand to pay for gas in Rubles.
- US, EU announce new partnership to undercut Russian energy.
- Russia stock market exchange partially reopens after one-month closure.
- Bharti Airtel prepays ₹8,815 crore towards deferred liabilities for 2015 spectrum.
- TCS partners with Fletcher Building, Google Cloud to support long-term growth and digital innovation.
- Tech Mahindra partners with Cisco to drive 5G modernisation and routed optical networking.
- Google teams up with MeitY to help 100 Indian startups build global apps.
- EU approves new Digital Markets Act putting clamps on Big Tech.
- US adds Russia’s Kaspersky, China telecom firms to national security threat list.
- CBI arrests former NSE CEO Chitra Ramkrishna in co-location scam case.
- Russians launches ‘Rossgram’- a replacement of Instagram amid war with Ukraine.
- Amazon announces 20-for-1 stock split, $10 billion share buyback.
- BYJU’S named as official sponsor of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
- PVR, INOX announce merger, Ajay Bijli will be MD of combined entity.
- Zomato acquires a 16.66% stake in Mukunda Foods for $5 million, grants $150-million loan to Blinkit.
- N Chandrasekaran appointed chairman of Air India as Ilker Ayci declines CEO role.
- Madhabi Puri Buch takes charge of Chairperson of SEBI.
- LIC appoints Reliance-Nippon Life’s Sunil Agarwal as CFO ahead of mega IPO.
- Aviation industry veteran Sanjiv Kapoor appointed Jet Airways CEO.
- Govt appoints ex-financial services secretary Debasish Panda as IRDAI Chief.
- Anil Ambani resigns as director of Reliance Power, Reliance Infrastructure
|Indices||31-Mar||28-Feb||% 1M||04-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||104.64||98.94||5.76%||79.77||31.18%|
|Crude Nymex $||100.03||96.72||3.42%||76.80||30.25%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||-1.27%||-7.76%||-5.27%||-4.00%||-3.25%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Exports in ($ Bn)||34.57|
|Imports ($ Bn)||55.45|
|Government Bond 10Y||6.84%|
|Forex Reserves ($ Bn)||619680|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII(Rs. crore)||MF(Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||(42,314)||15,193|
|Total Since Jan||(1,09,002)||63,420|
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.