- Karnataka Assembly Elections to take place on May 10, counting to be held on May 13.
- Assembly election results 2023: Neiphiu Rio takes oath as Nagaland CM for fifth term.
- Conrad Sangma takes oath as Meghalaya CM and Manik Saha as Tripura CM for second term.
- Both houses of Parliament face multiple disruptions over Rahul Gandhi and Adani issues.
- Rahul Gandhi convicted ‘Modi surname’ defamation case, disqualified by Parliament..
- PM Modi inaugurates 8th edition of Raisina Dialogue; Italian PM Giorgia Meloni Chief Guest of the event.
- Australian PM Anthony Albanese visits India; becomes first foreign leader to visit INS Vikrant.
- Japanese PM Fumio Kishida arrives in India on a two-day visit.
- India signs $ 1 billion loan pact with World Bank to boost healthcare infra.
- India, Mexico sign MoU on research, technology and innovation collaborations.
- India, World Food Programme sign MoU during Global Millets Conference.
- PM Modi unveils official stamp, coin of the International Year of Millets 2023 at Global Millets Conference.
- Jaishankar, US Secretary of Air Force discuss opportunities for India-US defence cooperation.
- Govt advises states to follow 5-fold strategy to fight Covid-19 as cases go up.
- NITI Aayog holds inter-ministerial meeting to review Seasonal Influenza situation in the States.
- Health Ministry issues advisory as IMD forecasts heatwaves after hottest February since 1901.
- UIDAI rolls out new security mechanism for robust fingerprint-based Aadhaar authentication.
- President to appoint CEC, ECs on recommendation of committee comprising PM, LoP & CJI, orders SC.
- Karnataka govt scraps Muslim quota of 4%, increases quota of Lingayats and Vokkaligas by 2% each.
- CM Yogi Adityanath approves infrastructure projects worth ₹465 crore in Ayodhya.
- CM Ashok Gehlot announces formation of 19 new districts, 3 new divisions in Rajasthan.
- Akhilesh Yadav meets Mamata Banerjee; agree on new front – without Congress.
- EPS takes charge as AIADMK general secretary after Madras HC rejects OPS challenge.
- Centre announces 10% reservation for ex-Agniveers in BSF recruitment.
- Centre approves buying of different weapon systems worth over ₹70,000 crore for Defence forces.
- Indian Army signs MoU with NTPC for implementing of Green Hydrogen Projects in Army Establishments.
- NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission join hands with Australia’s science agency CSIRO.
- ISRO successfully launches heaviest payload rocket mission LVM3-M3 OneWeb India-2 with 36 satellites.
- Supreme Court fixes February 28, 2024 as deadline to pay ₹28,000 crore arrears under OROP scheme.
- Bar Council permits foreign lawyers and firms to practice foreign law in select fields in India.
- Delhi excise policy case: K Kavitha appears before ED for questioning; Delhi court rejects Sisodia bail.
- Lalu Prasad Yadav, Rabri Devi & daughter Misa Bharti get bail in land-for-job scam case.
- President Murmu presents 3 Padma Vibhushan, 4 Padma Bhushan and 47 Padma Shri Awards for 2023.
- Oscars 2023: ‘The Elephant Whisperer’ bags award for Best Documentary Short Film.
- Naatu Naatu wins Oscar, becomes first song from an Indian film to bag honour.
- UN member states agree on historic deal to protect high seas after decades of talks.
- WHO calls on China to be transparent in sharing data to determine Covid’s origins.
- US’ Antony Blinken meets Russia’s Sergei Lavrov on G20 sidelines, urges stance reversal on nuclear treaty.
- ICC judges issue arrest warrants against Vladimir Putin over Ukraine war crimes.
- President Xi Jinping meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Xi Jinping secures historic third term as Chinese President, Li Qiang appointed Chinese Premier.
- China reopens to tourists, resumes all visas following COVID-19 lockdowns.
- Japan, South Korea agree to mend ties as leaders meet after 12 year gap.
- US approves selling Taiwan $619 million worth of F-16 munitions.
- US Senate panel approves Biden’s pick Eric Garcetti for India Ambassador.
- AUKUS deal: US, Australia and UK ink nuclear-powered submarine deal to counter Chinese aggression.
- UK boosts defense spending by $6 billion in response to Russia and China.
- Emmanuel Macron survives no-confidence vote as fresh protests rock France against pension reforms.
- Netanayhu government survives no-confidence votes in Israeli parliament.
- British, New Zealand parliaments block TikTok over security concerns.
- Saudi Arabia approves decision to join the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation as ties with Beijing grow.
- Myanmar’s Military Govt Junta dissolves Aung San Suu Kyi’s Party along with other Opposition Parties.
- North Korea unveils new nuclear warheads as US air carrier arrives in South.
- Nepali Congress leader Ram Chandra Paudel sworn in as President of Nepal.
- North Korea calls on UN to demand immediate end to US, South Korea combined military drills.
- Odisha CM Patnaik inaugurates India’s largest hockey stadium – Birsa Munda Stadium in Rourkela.
- WPL 2023 Final: Harmanpreet Kaur-led Mumbai Indians defeat Delhi Capitals by 7 wickets, win inaugural title; Meg Lanning wins Orange Cap, Hayley Matthews Purple Cap.
- IND vs AUS ODI Series: Australia win series 2-1, become No.1 ODI team
- IPL 2023 begins; BCCI introduces new rule changes and playing conditions for the 16th season.
- Ashwin breaks Anil Kumble’s twin record with his fifer in Ahmedabad.
- FIFA confirms expanded 2026 World Cup with record 104 matches.
- PM Modi, Sheikh Hasina inaugurate ₹377 crore diesel pipeline to Bangladesh.
- Nirmala Sitharaman presents ₹1.18 lakh crore budget for J&K in Lok Sabha.
- LG Manoj Sinha lays the foundation stone for a ₹250-crore mall in Srinagar, calls it J&K’s first FDI project.
- Lok Sabha passes Finance Bill; approves setting up of GST Appellate Tribunal.
- Withholding tax on royalties and fees for technical services earned by foreign companies doubled to 20%.
- Mutual Fund investments with less than 35% equity investment will be deemed as STCG.
- Centre slashes windfall tax on domestic crude oil to ₹3,500 per tonne; hikes duty on diesel.
- Cooking gas price hiked by ₹50 per cylinder, commercial gas go up by ₹350.
- Govt extends Ujjwala Yojana LPG subsidy of ₹200/gas cylinder for another year.
- Govt sanctions ₹800 crore for installing 7,432 EV fast charging stations across the country.
- Centre launches portal to ensure availability of power during peak demand at high price.
- Centre forms Committee of Secretaries to fast-track infrastructure projects along northern border areas.
- Govt hikes DA, DR for central govt employees to 42% of basic pay.
- India, World Bank sign agreement for construction of Green National Highway Corridor project in 4 states.
- India unveils the new Foreign Trade Policy 2023 in order to boost exports amid slowing global trade.
- Ministry of Steel signs MoU with selected companies under PLI scheme.
- Govt imposes money laundering provisions on crypto sector.
- Centre amends anti-money laundering rules, brings ‘politically exposed persons’ under PMLA.
- Centre grants full Customs Duty exemption on import of medicines & food for treating rare diseases.
- Odisha approves 25 industrial projects worth ₹5,827 crore to create jobs.
- Andhra Pradesh has received 340 investment proposals worth ₹13 lakh crore: CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- Govt clears launch of IFFCO’s nano DAP fertiliser in market.
- India gets world’s longest railway platform at Hubballi in Karnataka.
- Central Railway achieves 100% electrification of entire Broad Gauge Network.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath, Nitin Gadkari inaugurate 18 road projects worth ₹10,000 crore for eastern UP.
- Maharashtra govt partners with 91Springboard to set up virtual incubation center.
- PAN, Aadhaar linking deadline extended to June 30, 2023: CBDT.
- Hindustan Zinc declares ₹11,000 crore dividend; Vedanta to earn ₹7,132 crore, LIC to get ₹296 crore
- ICICI Bank launches digital solutions for participants of capital market and custody services.
- Bank of Baroda board approves divestment of up to 49% stake in credit cards subsidiary.
- Yes Bank 3 years share Lock-In period ended on March 13.
- Adani-Hindenburg row: SC orders committee to probe share crash; asks Centre, SEBI to cooperate.
- Fed hikes interest rate 0.25 point to curb inflation despite banking turmoil.
- Bank of England hikes rates by 25 bps, following US Fed.
- Pakistan’s inflation soars to 47% fueled by high food prices; onion up 228%, wheat 120%.
- Biden unveils $6.9 trillion budget, raises tax on rich, boosts spending on infra.
- US closes Silicon Valley Bank, the 16th largest bank in America, in biggest collapse since 2008.
- HSBC buys Silicon Valley Bank’s UK arm for £1 to protect deposits.
- First Citizens Bank agrees to buy Silicon Valley Bank deposits and loans.
- UBS agrees to buy Credit Suisse for more than $2 billion.
- New York Community Bank agrees to buy failed Signature Bank in $2.7 billion deal.
- Pakistan’s central bank raises key policy rate by 300 bps to 20%, highest level since 1996.
- China approves $1.3 billion rollover for cash-strapped Pakistan.
- Lanka’s central bank raises interest rates in anticipation of IMF bailout.
- IMF approves $3 billion in financial assistance for Sri Lanka to overcome crisis.
- Ukraine clinches $15.6 billion IMF loan, a first for nation at war.
- Eris Lifesciences buys dermatology brands from Dr Reddy’s for ₹275 crore.
- Tata Motors reaches new milestone, crosses 50 lakh passenger vehicle production mark.
- Hyundai inks agreement to take over General Motors India’s Talegaon plant.
- Hero MotoCorp signs agreement with US based Zero Motorcycle to collaborate on premium EV vehicles.
- U.S. and Japan strike deal on Minerals used in batteries for Electric Cars.
- Tesla officially opens Superchargers to non-Tesla EV owners in the US.
- Honda announces to shut plant in Pakistan till March 31, cites supply chain disruptions.
- Tata Group in agreement with Lockheed Martin to begin fighter wing production.
- Riyadh Air: Saudi Arabia unveils new national airline to compete with Gulf rivals.
- Bharti-backed OneWeb deploys another 40 satellites to low-Earth orbit with SpaceX.
- ONGC signs MoU with France’s TotalEnergies for exploration of deep-water blocks.
- HPCL and Chevron partner to introduce advance-tech lubricants in India.
- Essar group to set up steel plant in Saudi Arabia with an investment of $4 billion.
- India, US sign MoU on semiconductor supply chain and innovation partnership to boost cooperation.
- Airtel India adds 235 cities to 5G network, service available in 500 cities.
- Jio extends 5G coverage to 27 more cities, now covers 331 cities.
- Telecom products maker HFCL collaborates with Microsoft to roll out private 5G solutions for enterprises.
- iPhone maker Foxconn to set up electronic manufacturing plant in Telangana, to generate 1 lakh jobs.
- OpenAI introduces ChatGPT successor GPT-4, new chatbot aces LSAT, GRE, and all major exams.
- Ernie Bot: Baidu showcases China’s answer to ChatGPT to lead transformative technology.
- Adani prepays $2.15 billion share-backed financing, $500 million loan for Ambuja deal ahead of deadline.
- White House endorses TikTok bill, calls for swift ban of Chinese app.
- Alibaba Group announces structural overhaul, split of business into six units.
- PhonePe gets payment aggregator license, reaches $1 trillion annualised payment value run rate.
- Tata Group pauses talks to buy majority stake in bottled water firm Bisleri.
- HUL board names Rohit Jawa next MD & CEO, tenure starts from June 27.
- Infosys’ former President Mohit Joshi to replace CP Gurnani as Tech Mahindra’s MD & CEO.
- Rajesh Gopinathan quits as TCS CEO; K Krithivasan appointed CEO-designate.
- Biocon’s Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw to retire from Infosys Board.
- NDTV appoints ex SEBI chairman UK Sinha, Welspun India CEO Dipali Goenka as independent directors.
- RIL names V Srikanth as new CFO; veteran Alok Agarwal to become Senior Advisor to Chairman.
|Indices||31 -Mar||28 -Feb||% 1M||02 -Jan||% since Jan|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||-6.01%||-0.13%||-3.35%||3.87%||-4.26%|
|Exports in ($ Bn)||33.88|
|Imports ($ Bn)||51.31|
|Government Bond 10Y||7.32%|
|Forex Reserves ($ Mn)||5,78,778|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII(Rs. crore)||MF(Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||13,1611||22,3642|
|Total Since Jan||(16,537)||34,271|