- Assembly Elections: Mamata Banerjee, M K Stalin, Pinarayi Vijayan take oath as Chief Ministers of West Bengal, Tamil Nadu and Kerala respectively.
- BJP-led NDA retains power with majority in Assam; Himanta Biswa Sarma takes oath as CM of Assam.
- N Rangasamy sworn in as Chief Minister of first NDA govt in Puducherry.
- India COVID tally crosses 28 million, 213 million vaccine doses administered; recovery rate at 92.07%.
- Global Coronavirus caseload tops 171 million; US leads the global tally with 34 million cases.
- Govt announces pension scheme, insurance cover to support COVID-19 victims’ dependents.
- Centre and States provide financial aid, education to children orphaned by COVID.
- Centre directs States to notify black fungus or mucormycosis as an epidemic.
- States imposes fresh restrictions to Curb COVID; essential services exempted.
- Plasma therapy dropped from India’s corona treatment protocol: ICMR.
- DRDO’s anti-COVID drug 2-DG launched; to be available at hospitals from June, price fixed at ₹990/sachet.
- Serum Institute to produce 10 crore doses by August, Bharat Biotech promises 7.8 crore jabs.
- SC constitutes 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to COVID crisis.
- Many States declare journalists ‘frontline workers’, to vaccinate them on priority.
- S Jaishankar meets UN Chief Antonio Guterres; discuss ramping up global vaccine supply and production.
- S Jaishankar holds talks with US NSA Jake Sullivan on trade, Quad, vaccines, Indo-pacific.
- India, UK agree on co-production of military hardware; technology collaboration for combat aircraft.
- Jaishankar meets Canadian counterpart; discusses Indo-Pacific strategy at India-France-Australia meet.
- India, EU discuss COVID Health Care cooperation, strengthening of Indo-EU partnership.
- PM Modi discusses positive outcomes of India-EU Leaders’ meet with French President Macron on phone.
- India, New Zealand call for rules-based international order and free, open & inclusive Indo-Pacific region.
- India and Israel sign 3 year work program to train farmers and modernize agriculture.
- Calcutta HC orders house arrest of 4 leaders held in Narada sting case; grants interim bail.
- SC strikes down Maratha community reservation in education, jobs exceeding 50%.
- Engineering, other technical institutes to begin classes by September 15: AICTE.
- Tribal Affairs Ministry & Microsoft sign MoU for digital transformation of Tribal Schools.
- Centre grants one-year extension of tenure to chiefs of Intelligence Bureau, R&AW.
- Subodh Kumar Jaiswal, former Maharashtra DGP, appointed CBI director for 2 years.
- Telangana signs MoU with NHA for implementing Ayushman Bharat.
- Cyclone Tauktae, the biggest to hit the region in decades, makes landfall in Gujarat.
- Cyclone Yaas makes landfall in Balasore, triggers heavy damage
- WHO approves Moderna, Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use in all countries.
- WHO classifies B1617 COVID-19 variant, first identified in India, as variant of global concern.
- Nepal President announces mid-term polls in November as parties fail to stake claim to form govt.
- BRICS agrees to devise framework for social security agreement.
- Singapore shuts schools as new Coronavirus strain affects more children.
- US President Biden proposes $6 trillion budget to boost infrastructure, education and climate.
- Biden raises US refugee admissions cap to 62,500 after delay sparks anger.
- Pentagon cancels Trump’s Mexico wall projects using military funds.
- European Commission calls on EU member states to temporarily restrict travel from India.
- EU signs third contract with BioNTech-Pfizer for 1.8 billion vaccine doses.
- Xi and Putin jointly launch construction of new reactors in joint nuclear energy project.
- China builds key highway through Brahmaputra Canyon in Tibet close to Arunachal Pradesh border.
- Russia approves single-dose version of Sputnik V vaccine – Sputnik Light.
- Australia resumes repatriation flights from India for stranded citizens.
- Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi appears in court in person for first time since coup.
- Syria President Bashar Assad re-elected for fourth time with 95% of votes.
- Israel, Hamas agree to ceasefire to end 11 days of deadly fighting.
- Japan to extend Coronavirus emergency in Tokyo until month before Olympics.
- Pfzier and BioNTech to donate COVID-19 vaccines for Olympic athletes: International Olympic Committee.
- IPL 2021 suspended after players test positive for COVID; remainder to be held in UAE in Sep-Oct.
- India retain top spot in ICC Test team rankings, second place in the ICC T20, drops to 3rd in ODI chart .
- Indian Women’s tour of England: Mithali Raj will lead the side in the Test and ODIs.
- Ashes 2021-22 to start on December 9; Perth set to host final Test.
- Asian Boxing Championships: Pooja Rani bags gold; Mary Kom, Lalbuatsaihi and Anupama settle for Silver.
- Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic to win 10th Italian Open title.
- GST Council exempts import duty on COVID-19 related supplies till Aug 31.
- IGST on import of COVID related medical supplies waived off; IGST on oxygen concentrators for personal use slashed to 12%.
- Centre to borrow additional ₹1.58 lakh crore to make up for GST compensation shortfall.
- Union Food Processing Ministry sets a target of 13,000 mini food parks in Assam.
- Pollution control body asks 30 industries to modify nitrogen plants for medical oxygen.
- State-run oil companies to set up 100 oxygen generation plants at hospitals.
- Govt makes vehicle location tracking devices mandatory for oxygen containers; exempts toll fee.
- Road ministry notifies changes in motor vehicle rules on vehicle ownership transfer.
- Centre releases first instalment of ₹8,873.6 crore under State Disaster Response Fund to states.
- Centre releases over ₹8,923 crore to 25 States for providing grants to Rural Local Bodies.
- Indian Railways crosses milestone of delivering over 20,000 MT oxygen.
- PM releases eighth instalment worth over ₹20,000 crore to 9.5 crore farmers under PM-KISAN scheme.
- Special Window for Affordable & Mid-Income Housing fund completes its first residential project,.
- Cabinet approves ₹18,000 crore PLI scheme for battery storage manufacturing.
- DGCA extends suspension of scheduled international passenger flights till 30th June.
- Civil Aviation Ministry cuts airline capacity to 50% from June 1.
- Govt hikes DAP fertiliser subsidy by 140%, to spend additional ₹14,775 crore.
- Govt extends deadline for mandatory hallmarking of gold jewellery till June 15.
- Govt extends FY21 ITR filing deadline for individuals till September 30.
- RBI unveils liquidity support measures; allots ₹50,000 crore for COVID-related healthcare infrastructure
- RBI offers fresh loan moratorium to Individual, small borrowers having loans up to ₹25 crore.
- RBI approves transfer of ₹99,122 crore surplus to Centre for 9 months ended in March.
- RBI issues guidelines for amalgamation of district central co-op banks with state co-op banks.
- Govt garners ₹4,000 crore via 1.95% stake sale in Axis Bank.
- Bank of Baroda sanctions ₹500 crore to Serum Institute under RBI’s ₹50,000 crore liquidity facility.
- Axis Bank, Anchor investor Bay Tree India cur their stakes in Yes Bank.
- Govt notifies final rules for 74% foreign investment in insurance sector.
- Indiabulls Housing Fin sells MF business to Groww for ₹175 crore.
- IMF unveils $50 billion proposal to vaccinate 40% of entire population by 2021-end.
- Roche launches COVID-19 ‘Antibody Cocktail’ in India at ₹59,750 per dose; Cipla to market drug in country.
- Govt rejects Serum Institute of India’s request to export 50 lakh doses of Covishield vaccine to UK.
- Russian Direct Investment Fund, Panacea Biotec launch production of Sputnik V vaccine in India.
- Apollo Hospitals, Dr Reddy’s announce Covid-19 vaccination programme with Sputnik V.
- Shilpa Medicare arm inks pact with Dr Reddy’s to manufacture Sputnik V vaccine.
- Pfizer, Moderna, J&J pledge 1.3 billion doses of Covid-19 vaccines to less wealthy nations.
- China’s Fosun Pharma signs deal for 1 billion vaccines with BioNTech.
- Moderna inks deal with UN’s GAVI to supply 500 million doses to low and middle-income countries.
- India, UK unveil 10-year road map to elevate bilateral trade partnership; to enhance vaccine partnership .
- US, Pakistan agree to continue Trade and Investment Framework (TIFA) agreement dialogue.China bans financial, payment institutions from cryptocurrency business.
- Cairn Energy sues Air India in U.S. court to enforce $1.2 billion arbitration award.
- Mehul Choksi arrested in Dominica; India sends private jet to Dominica carrying deportation documents.
- Vijay Mallya loses bankruptcy petition amendment High Court battle in UK.
- Hyundai, Kia shut down facilities in home base in the wake of the predicted semiconductor turmoil.
- Renault-Nissan, Hyundai face temporary closures in Chennai over workers’ COVID fears.
- Govt approves 13 5G trial applications with no Chinese Vendors.
- Rajasthan Govt approves Saint Gobain’s ₹1200 crore investment plan in State.
- Infosys partners with Majesco to accelerate digital experience for insurers.
- HCL Tech to expand investment in UK, hire 1,000 technology professionals.
- Google unveils new AI model LaMDA, to aid natural conversations with machines.
- HCL Tech enters into multi-year contract with Hitachi ABB Power Grids for business transformation.
- Zensar Technologies signs agreement to acquire US based data engineering firm M3bi.
- L&T Technology, Intel Corp develop AI-based outdoor parking solution.
- US removes Xiaomi from government blacklist, parties to resolve litigation.
- Amazon buys Hollywood studio MGM in $8.45 billion deal.
- Boeing wins approval for 737 Max electrical fix, notifies airlines.
- Ransomware attack shuts down network of top US fuel pipeline operator, Colonial Pipeline.
- Supreme Court defers hearing for July 6 on plea alleging IT Rules violation by Twitter.
- Twitter buys Scroll and its Ad-free news app with aim to bolster upcoming subscription service.
- Tata Digital buys majority stake of 64.3% worth $1.31 billion in online grocer BigBasket.
- Pharmeasy buys Medlife, creates India’s largest online pharmacy.
- NPCI partners Turkish firm PayCore to develop softPoS solutions for RuPay.
- KKR invests $95 million in Lenskart, TPG and TR Capital to partially exit.
- Edtech startup upGrad acquires Impartus, commits ₹150 crore for growth.
- India, China, South Africa fared ‘relatively better’ than other major economies in Q1 of 2021: UN data.
- Unemployment in urban areas surges to 10-month high of 11.72% amid lockdowns: CMIE.
- Govt names T Rabi Sankar as Deputy Governor of RBI; Jose Kattoor appointed as Executive Director.
- ByteDance founder Zhang Yiming to step down as CEO by end of 2021, HR Chief Liang Rubo to take over.
- SBI net profit jumps 80% YoY to ₹6,451 crore, NII up by 19% to ₹27,067 crore; to pay ₹4/share as dividend.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank net profit rises 33% YoY to ₹1,682 crore, GNPA improves to 3.27%, NNPA at 1.21%.
- YES Bank Q4 Net loss widens to ₹3,788 crore, provisions rose 7.5% YoY to ₹5,240 crore.
- HDFC Q4 profit rises 8.7% QoQ to ₹3,180 crore, NII fell 0.1%; to pay ₹23 as dividend.
- M&M posts profit of ₹163 crore, revenue up 48% YoY to ₹13,338 crore; to pay dividend of ₹8.75 /share.
- RIL Q4 profit more than doubles to ₹13,227 crore, firm posts record annual profit of ₹53,739 crore.
- Jio registers 36.3% YoY increase in EBITDA to ₹8,573 crore; Average revenue per user drops to ₹138.2.
- Bharti Airtel reports Q4 net profit of ₹759.2 crore, revenue rises 12% to ₹25,747 crore.
- Sun Pharma Q4 net profit rises 123% YoY to ₹894 crore, revenue rose 4% YoY to ₹8,523 crore.
- Dr Reddy’s Labs profit falls 28% to ₹554 crore, revenue up by 7% YoY to ₹4,728 crore, to pay ₹25 dividend.
- Tata Motors loss narrows to ₹7,604 crore due to JLR write-offs, revenue up 42% YoY to ₹88,628 crore.
|Indices||30-Apr||31-Mar||%1M||01-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent||$ 70.21||67.25||4.40%||66.29||5.91%|
|Crude Nymex||$ 67.73||63.58||6.53%||61.30||10.49%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||10.66%||72.46%||27.79%||16.57%||74.62%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Government Bond 10Y||6.02%|
|Forex Reserves $ M||592894|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII (Rs. crore)||MF (Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||(605)||5,793|
|Total Since Jan||31,820||40,154|
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.