- PM Modi dedicates new Parliament building to the nation, ‘Sengol’ placed in Lok Sabha chamber.
- PM releases special stamp, ₹75 coin to mark inauguration of new Parliament building.
- PM Modi attends 2023 Quad Leaders’ Summit in Sydney.
- Quad leaders express deep concern over Ukraine war; mourn its terrible humanitarian consequences.
- G7 Nations urge China to press Russia to end war in Ukraine, respect Taiwan’s status, fair trade rules.
- PM Modi embarks on a six-day visit to Japan, Papua New Guinea, and Australia.
- Rajnath Singh hands over fast patrol vessel landing craft assault ship to Maldives.
- EU Indo-Pacific Ministerial Forum: Jaishankar discusses Indo-Pacific, Ukraine war with his counterparts.
- President Murmu confers 37 Gallantry Awards during Defence Investiture ceremony.
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurates the country’s largest High Court building in Ranchi .
- PM Modi distributes about 71,000 appointment letters to newly inducted recruits under Rozgar Mela.
- All states to celebrate statehood days of other states also in order to promote Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Arjun Ram Meghwal appointed as Law & Justice Minister; Kiren Rijiju assigned Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- Siddaramaiah sworn in as Chief Minister of Karnataka for second term; D K Shivakumar as Deputy CM.
- Karnataka portfolios: Siddaramaiah keeps Finance, Shivakumar gets Irrigation, Bengaluru development.
- Kerala Governor signs ordinance for stringent punishment for offences against those in health services.
- Thangam Thennarasu replaces Palanivel Thiaga Rajan as Tamil Nadu Finance Minister.
- Sachin Pilot holds Jan Sangharsh Yatra against graft and paper leaks in Rajasthan.
- Ethnic clash erupts in Manipur; Centre takes charge by invoking Article 355.
- People’s Democratic Front merges with Meghalaya’s ruling National People’s Party.
- Nitish Kumar meets Kejriwal, Sharad Pawar; discuss strengthening opposition unity ahead of LS polls.
- Sharad Pawar takes back decision to resign as NCP chief
- Indian wraps up Operation Kaveri; rescues 3,862 Indians from Sudan.
- India, Australia sign migration pact; to open new consulate in Brisbane.
- Centre approves indigenisation of 928 defence items ‘to promote Aatmanirbharta’.
- India, US discuss co-producing jet engines, long-range artillery, infantry vehicles.
- ISRO successfully launches its next-generation navigational satellite – NVS-1 from Sriharikota.
- DRDO & Indian Navy conducts successful maiden test trial of Air Droppable Container -150 in Goa.
- Maiden ASEAN-India Maritime exercise starts in Singapore; ten countries participate.
- Jal Jeevan Mission achieves milestone of providing tap water supply to 12 crore rural households.
- National Medical Commission mandates registration of all medical practitioners with unique ID.
- Governor’s actions illegal but can’t reinstate Thackeray as CM as he resigned before floor test: SC.
- CAG Girish Murmu re-elected as external auditor of WHO for 4-year term.
- Karnataka DGP Praveen Sood appointed as CBI Director.
- Top wrestlers detained as protest against federation chief intensifies.
- Patna High Court puts an interim stay on state govt’s decision to conduct caste-based census.
- CBI files charge sheet against Congress leader Jagdish Tytler in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
- Delhi govt has control over services except public order, police and land: SC on Delhi-Centre power row.
- US court approves extradition of 26/11 Mumbai attack accused Tahawwur Rana to India.
- Russia launches ‘largest drone attack’ on Ukrainian capital on Kyiv Day.
- Russian PM Mikhail Mishustin arrives in China for business forum, talks with President Xi.
- Russia, Belarus ink document on tactical nuclear weapon deployment in Belarus.
- Germany unveils €2.7 billion weapons package for Ukraine.
- Zelenskyy meets Pope Francis at Vatican; seeks backing for Ukraine’s peace plan.
- Turkey’s Erdogan wins historic runoff election, extends his two-decade rule.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis launches 2024 presidential bid.
- Covid-19 no longer a global health emergency, next pandemic to be more lethal than ever: WHO Chief.
- King Charles and Princess Camilla crowned in historic Coronation celebrations.
- Arab governments vote for Syria’s return to the Arab League after 12-year absence.
- Death toll climbs to 600 as armed conflict continues in Sudan.
- Pakistan, China reiterate to continue cooperation on CPEC.
- China, Afghanistan, Pakistan pledge to enhance cooperation on security, counter-terrorism
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari attends Shanghai Cooperation Organization meet in Goa.
- Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan arrested; SC declares arrest ‘illegal’, orders his immediate release.
- Cyclone Mocha: Super cyclone, equivalent to 4 hurricanes, hits Myanmar, Bangladesh.
- IPL 2023: Chennai Super Kings beat defending champions Gujarat Titans to clinch 5th title.
- Shubman Gill wins Orange Cap with 890 runs, Md Shami clinches Purple Cap with 28 wickets.
- World Test Championship final: Ishan Kishan replaces KL Rahul in India squad against Australia.
- Shubman Gill becomes first batter to score hundred in Test, ODIs, T20I, IPL in calendar year.
- Pakistan appoint former New Zealand all-rounder Grant Bradburn as men’s team head coach..
- Malaysia Masters 2023: Prannoy defeats Weng, wins maiden BWF World Tour Title
- Neeraj Chopra creates history, becomes world number 1 in men’s javelin throw rankings.
- Sherpa Kami Rita scales Mt Everest for 28th time, sets new world record.
- Italian Open: Kazakhstan’s Elena Rybakina clinches women’s title; Daniil Medvedev wins men’s title.
- RBI withdraws ₹2000 note from circulation, to remain legal tender; can be exchanged at banks on or before September 30, 2023.
- Digital Rupee: RBI launches expand e-Rupee pilot to include more banks.
- India achieves highest ever GST revenue collection of over ₹1,87,000 crore in April 2023.
- Government lowers threshold for GST e-invoicing to ₹5 crore.
- Manufacturing PMI hits 4-month high in April to 57.20; WPI declines for 11th straight month to -0.92%.
- PM Modi and Japan’s Kishida discuss cooperation in green hydrogen, semiconductors.
- Centre inks MoU with Japan agency to develop high-speed rail stations.
- India, EU affirm commitment to work together on common priorities for WTO-related issues.
- India and European Union agree to coordinate their policies in strategic semi-conductor sector.
- Centre to roll out pan-India mobile tracking system to aid finding lost devices.
- Govt bans import of 928 items to promote domestic defence industry.
- Defence exports surge to ₹16,000 crore in FY2022-23, from ₹686 crore in FY2013-14.
- Centre announces 60-day time limit for approval in a bid to fast-track M&As.
- Finance Ministry permits 22 finance companies to undertake Aadhaar-based verification of clients.
- Govt unveils UDAN 5.1 to enhance connectivity to remote areas through helicopters.
- Govt cuts subsidy on electric 2-wheelers to ₹10,000 per kWh from existing ₹15,000 per kWh.
- Cabinet clears fertiliser subsidy cut, PLI scheme for IT hardware.
- Centre asks states to crack down on outdoor advertisements of betting, gambling platforms.
- International debit, credit card spends of up to ₹7 lakh a year exempt from 20% TCS.
- Centre makes tests mandatory for exporting cough syrups from June 1.
- India Post signs MoU with Confederation of All India Traders and Tripta Technologies for logistics services.
- Puri – Howrah, Delhi – Dehradun, Guwahati-New Jalpaiguri Vande Bharat Express trains launched.
- Andhra CM Y.S.Jagan Mohan Reddy launches ₹5,156 crore Machilipatnam port works.
- Tamil Nadu govt signs MoUs with Japan, Singapore based firms.
- Mankind Pharma, Nexus Select Trust make their market debuts.
- Adani-Hindenburg: Supreme Court gives SEBI extension till August 14 to complete probe.
- NCLT dismisses IDBI Bank’s insolvency plea against Zee Entertainment.
- NCLAT upholds Go First bankruptcy proceedings in a setback to lessors.
- US Fed hikes interest rates by 25 basis points, signals a pause.
- House OKs debt ceiling bill to avoid default, sends Biden-McCarthy deal to Senate.
- China’s Central Bank keeps interest rates unchanged, adds more liquidity as recovery struggles.
- UK inflation falls to lowest level in over a year; CPI drops to 8.7%.
- Pakistani rupee plunges to record low of 299 against US dollar.
- Australia govt to change petroleum tax, LNG projects to pay more.
- JPMorgan to buy embattled First Republic Bank after rescue efforts fail.
- G7 calls for adoption of international technical standards for AI.
- South Korea’s Hyundai to invest $2.45 billion in India.
- Tesla proposes new EV plant in India for domestic sales, exports.
- Garuda Aerospace, HAL subsidiary tie up for drone manufacture.
- China’s first domestically built passenger plane successfully makes its maiden commercial flight.
- TCS led consortium secures ₹15,000 crore order from BSNL for nationwide 4G network deployment.
- Cisco to manufacture from India in diversification move.
- Foxconn to set up $500 million manufacturing plant in Telangana; will create 25,000 jobs.
- Nvidia unveils more AI products after $184 billion rally.
- Zoom gets pan-India telecom licence to offer telephone services to enterprise customers.
- Paytm partners with NPCI to launch Paytm SBI Card on the RuPay network.
- Aurionpro Payments gets in-principle nod from RBI to operate as payment aggregator.
- PhonePe gets another $100 million from General Atlantic; total funding rises to $850 million.
- Google Pay launches RuPay credit cards support on UPI in India.
- NTPC, NPCIL sign joint venture agreement to develop nuclear power projects.
- Uber partners with GeM portal to offer taxi services to govt offices, agencies, PSUs at fixed price.
- Edtech major Byju’s raises ₹2,000 crore in fresh funding from US investment firm.
- Microsoft announces Windows Copilot, an AI personal assistant for Windows 11.
- Berkshire shareholders vote to keep Warren Buffett as chairman.
- Hinduja Group chairman S P Hinduja dies in London at 87.
- Ajay Banga Selected 14th President of the World Bank.
- L&T names S N Subrahmanyan as CMD; A M Naik to be Chairman Emeritus.
- Elon Musk announces Linda Yaccarino as new Twitter CEO.
- Paytm Payments Bank gets RBI nod to re-appoint Vijay Shekhar as part-time chair for a year.
- SBI Net profit zooms 83% YoY to ₹16,695 crore, NII rises 29% to ₹40,393 crore, dividend at ₹11.30 /share.
- Punjab National Bank’s Q4FY23 profit surges six times to ₹1,741.11 crore; NII rises 30% to ₹9,499 crore.
- Karnataka Bank Q4 Net profit up 171.5% YoY at ₹353.53 crore, NII up 27.15% at ₹860.05 crore.
- HDFC net profit rises 19% YoY to ₹4,425 crore in Q4; NII climbs 16% to ₹5,321 crore.
- LIC Q4 Net profit rises five-fold to ₹13,191 crore, total income declines to ₹2,01,022 crore.
- Ashok Leyland Q4 PAT falls 17% YoY to ₹751 crore, revenue rises 33% to ₹11,626 crore.
- Tata Motors clocks profit of ₹5,408 crore in Q4; revenue jumps 35% YoY to ₹105,932 crore.
- Hero MotoCorp Q4 net up 31% at ₹811 crore; total income at ₹8,672 crore.
- TVS Motor Q4 Profit up 21% at ₹336 crore, revenue at ₹8,031 crore.
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net profit soars 50% YoY to ₹3,006 crore, revenue surges by 14% to ₹36,009 crore.
- Paytm logs ₹7,990 crore revenue in FY23, becomes India’s highest earning new-age firm.
- ITC Q4 Profit surges 23% YoY to ₹5,175 crore; revenue rises 7% to ₹19,058 crore.
- Biocon Q4 Profit grows 31% YoY to ₹313 crore, revenue surges 57% to ₹3,774 crore.
|Indices||31-May||28-Apr||% 1M||02-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||73.08||80.26||-8.95%||85.50||-14.53%|
|Crude Nymex $||68.47||76.63||-10.65%||79.92||-14.33%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||2.14%||2.03%||12.09%||15.50%||1.01%|
|Exports in ($ Bn)||34.66|
|Imports ($ Bn)||49.9|
|Government Bond 10Y||6.99%|
|Forex Reserves ($ Mn)||5,93,480|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Total 1 M||40,929||(2,145)|
|Total Since Jan||39,945||38,442|