- India crosses 100 crore COVID vaccinations milestone; over 106.14 crore vaccinated so far.
- India COVID tally touches 34.2 million, Active cases account for 0.48% of total infections; recovery rate improves to 98.18%.
- PM Modi launches Swachh Bharat-Urban 2.0, AMRUT 2.0 for ‘Garbage Free’ and ‘Water Secure’ cities.
- PM Modi launches Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh.
- 16th East Asia Summit: PM Modi calls for free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific.
- PM Modi hosts Danish PM; both countries agree on 5-year plan to implement green strategic partnership.
- G20 Summit: PM Modi highlights India’s contribution to fight against COVID.
- Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla calls on Sri Lankan PM Mahinda Rajapaksa.
- Jaishankar, UK counterpart agree to facilitate travel between two nations.
- US Navy chief Admiral Mike Gilday arrives in Delhi; holds talks with Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh.
- Gen Naravane meets Sri Lanka’s top civilian and military leadership; discusses steps to boost defence ties.
- Jaishankar takes part in new quadrilateral with Israel, UAE and U.S.
- Jaishankar calls on Israeli President, PM; discusses bilateral full potential of bilateral relations.
- S Jaishankar-UK counterpart Liz Truss review progress on roadmap 2030; discuss terror, Afghanistan.
- S Jaishankar holds talks with UK CDS Gen. Carter on Afghanistan situation, issues related to Indo-Pacific.
- India allows foreign tourists travelling by chartered flights from Oct 15, rest from Nov 15.
- Indian Space Association, industry body of Indian space and satellite companies, launched.
- Parliament panels reconstituted; Congress leaders retained as Chairmen.
- Amit Shah approves release of ₹7,274 crore to 23 states as central share of State Disaster Response Fund.
- Union Cabinet approves affiliation of 100 schools in Govt, private sector with Sainik School Society.
- Army chief reviews security situation at forward areas along LoC in Jammu and eastern Ladakh.
- India deploys Pinaka, Smerch rocket system on China border.
- Agni-5, surface-to-surface ballistic missile capable of striking targets up to 5,000 km, successfully test-fired.
- India-China standoff clashes: 20 ITBP personnel honoured with gallantry medals.
- Sonia Gandhi reinstates her position as a full-time and hands-on Congress President.
- Bhabanipur Bypoll: Mamata Banerjee secures chief minister’s seat, wins bypolls.
- Lakhimpur Kheri: UP govt announces ₹45 lakh, govt jobs for families of 4 farmers who died in the incident.
- Tamil Nadu rejects National Education Policy 2020, to form expert panel to formulate State Policy.
- Uttarakhand rains: Death toll 64, state govt pegs damage at ₹7,000 crore
- Kerala rains: At least 27 people killed after torrential rain triggers landslides and floods.
- Pegasus spyware case: SC forms three-member committee to probe snooping allegations
- SC asks Kerala, TN to abide by supervisory committee’s view to maintain water level in Mullaperiyar dam.
- IAF showcases Sukhoi Su-30, Rafale at Hindon airbase on 89th Air Force Day.
- Tamil drama ‘Koozhangal’ is India’s official entry for Oscars 2022.
- Rajinikanth receives the Dadasaheb Phalke Award at 67th National Film Awards ceremony in Delhi.
- Journalists Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov win Nobel Peace Prize.
- Global COVID-19 caseload tops 247.4 million: deaths surge to more than 5 million.
- WHO panel recommends COVID vaccine booster shot for people with weak immunity.
- WHO forms new 26-member team, says this may be ‘last chance’ to find COVID-19 origins.
- UN starts vaccinating people against Ebola in Congo.
- Australia, New Zealand ease COVID-19 travel advisory ahead of border reopening.
- China re-imposes fresh lockdowns amid rising Covid-19 cases.
- Moscow shuts most workplaces as COVID-19 infections, deaths soar.
- Pakistan FM Qureshi, ISI chief Hameed visit, hold talks with Taliban leaders in Kabul.
- Moscow hosts worldwide talks on Afghanistan, calls for inclusive government.
- Afghanistan resumes passport issuance after a few months delay.
- US President Biden, Europeans take up Iran nuclear program in Rome talks.
- Biden signs bill to avert government shutdown, approves bill to fund government through Dec. 3.
- US govt allows fully vaccinated foreign travellers to enter country from November 8.
- UK approves India-made Covishield; drops 10-day quarantine for Indians.
- Mauritius exits FATF grey list; Turkey joins Pakistan on the list for failing to check terror financing.
- Sudan PM returns home, remains under guard after military takes power in coup and arrests leaders.
- Kim Jong Un orders people to eat less as North Korea faces acute food shortage.
- Fumio Kishida elected as new Prime Minister; lower house dissolved for October 31 national election.
- Qatar’s first legislative elections see 63.5% voter turnout
- ICC Women’s T20 rankings: Shafali Verma drops to second spot, Smriti Mandhana static at third.
- Rahul Dravid to succeed Ravi Shastri as India’s head coach after T20 World Cup.
- India win 8th SAFF Championship title, Chhetri equals Messi 80-goal record.
- Germany unveils logo for soccer’s Euro 2024 tournament.
- Australia’s Ellyse Perry is 1st woman cricketer to achieve 5000 runs, 300 wickets in international cricket.
- IPL 2021: Chennai Super Kings beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 27 runs to clinch fourth IPL title.
- New IPL teams: CVC Capital wins bid for Ahmedabad, RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group gets Lucknow.
- Shakib Al Hasan becomes highest wicket-taker in T20 Internationals.
- ICC men’s T-20 World Cup 2021 kicks off in the UAE.
- ISSF Junior World Championships: India tops table with 9 gold medals.
- Gati Shakti: PM Modi launches ₹100-lakh crore national master plan for multi-modal connectivity.
- Centre releases ₹40,000 crore to States/UTs to meet GST compensation shortfall.
- Finance Ministry releases ₹9,871 crore of revenue deficit grant to 17 states.
- Nirmala Sitharaman discusses issues of anti-money laundering, terror financing with Janet Yellen.
- Nirmala Sitharaman hold talks World Bank chief, discusses post-pandemic economic recovery, other issues.
- Piyush Goyal meets trade ministers from UK, US, Brazil, Australia, S Africa, South Korea on G-20 sidelines.
- Vehicle Scrapping Policy to come into force from 1st April 2022; list of incentives, disincentives released.
- Oil touches 7-year high after OPEC+’s plan for gradual output hike; LPG, fuel rates surge to record highs.
- Country’s power crisis eases on account of increased coal supply, onset of winter.
- Govt begins process for self-reliance in green energy; global bids invited for setting up new units.
- PM Modi inaugurates UP’s 3rd international airport in Kushinagar, to boost tourism on Buddhist circuit.
- Govt approves 31 proposals for telecom PLI scheme entailing ₹3,345 crore investment.
- RBI keeps policy rate unchanged at 4% for 8th time in a row, revises FY22 retail inflation projection to 5.3%.
- RBI maintains GDP growth target for FY22 year at 9.5% ; IMPS daily transaction limit increased to ₹5 lakh.
- HDFC Bank, Mastercard, USAID and DFC launch $100 million credit facility for MSMEs in India.
- Paras Defence makes stellar stock market debut; Aditya Birla Sun Life makes a tepid debut.
- Centre permits export of 4 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine Sputnik Light manufactured in India to Russia.
- WHO seeks ‘additional clarifications’ for Covaxin to conduct final ‘risk-benefit assessment’.
- Covaxin approved for emergency use in children aged 2 years and above.
- US FDA clears Moderna, J&J COVID vaccine booster shots; clears Pfizer’s vaccine for kids aged 5 – 11 years.
- EU regulator OKs Pfizer vaccine booster for 18 and older.
- Tata Sons wins bid for acquiring national carrier Air India at ₹18,000 crore.
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Akasa Air gets aviation ministry’s NOC to operate in India.
- MG Motor India sells out first batch of SUV Astor within 20 minutes of opening bookings.
- Ola Electric raises over $200 million funding, valuation touches $3 billion.
- TVS Motor, Tata Power in pact to create EV charging infrastructure in India.
- Toyota, Stellantis to build EV-battery factories in the US.
- AGR dues: Vodafone Idea, Airtel accepts four-year spectrum payment moratorium.
- New Zealand and United Kingdom reach free trade deal.
- Sri Lanka seeks $500 million loan from India for fuel purchase.
- Taliban meet with UK, Iran delegations as Afghanistan teeters on the brink of economic collapse.
- Venezuela introduces new currency, drops six zeros.
- US introduces a bill that would bar Big Tech platforms from favoring their products and services.
- Saudi Arabia comes to cash-strapped Pakistan’s rescue with $3 billion package.
- Food prices surge for 3rd straight year in Pakistan, inflation rate shoots up at 12.66%.
- Singapore-based arbitrator rejects Future Retail’s plea to lift the interim stay on RIL deal.
- Adani Group finalises 35-year deal to build and operate Colombo Port’s West Container terminal.
- Gautam Adani meets UK PM in London, assures to commit $70 billion for clean energy.
- RIL floats wholly-owned subsidiary ‘Reliance International’ in UAE.
- Reliance Retail extends deadline to complete ₹24,713 crore deal with Future Group.
- Reliance Retail launches 7-Eleven convenience stores; forays into premium grocery format with Freshpik.
- Facebook changes name of parent company to ‘Meta’, to reflect its metaverse ambitions.
- Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp face outages twice, restored later.
- Microsoft to shut down LinkedIn in China, cites ‘challenging’ environment.
- Paytm Group takes over complete ownership of digital lending startup CreditMate.
- BharatPe forays into Buy Now Pay Later segment with launch of postpe.
- Swiggy rolls out 2-year ESOP liquidity program worth $35-40 million.
- Licious becomes India’s first D2C unicorn after raising $52 million.
- Karnataka notifies law banning online betting games.
- IMF board backs Kristalina Georgieva to continue as Managing Director after review of data-rigging claims.
- IMF chief economist Gita Gopinath resigns, to return to Harvard University in January.
- Govt re-appoints Shaktikanta Das as RBI governor for another three years.
- Krishnamurthy Subramanian steps down as Chief Economic Adviser after three-year term.
- RBI approves reappointment of Amitabh Chaudhry as MD & CEO of Axis Bank.
- Ex-Air India MD Rajiv Bansal takes charge as Civil Aviation Secretary.
- Former SBI chairman Rajnish Kumar joins BharatPe board.
- TCS Q2 net profit jumps 29% YoY to ₹9,620 crore, board approves second interim dividend of ₹7/share.
- Infosys Q2 net profit up by 12% YoY to ₹5,421 crore, revenue rose 20% to ₹29,602 crore.
- Wipro Q2 net profit rises 19% YoY to ₹2,930.7 crore, revenue climbs 30.1% to ₹19,667.4 crore.
- HCL Technologies Q2 Profit rises 1.6% QoQ to ₹3,265 crore, revenue up 2.9% at ₹20,655 crore
- HDFC Bank Q2 net profit rises 17.5% to ₹8,834 crore, NII grew 12% to ₹ 17,684 crore, GNPA at 1.35%.
- ICICI Bank Q2 net profit grew 30% to ₹5,511 crore, NII jumps 25%; NNPA down at 0.99%..
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Q2 net profit down 7% at ₹2,032.01 crore, NII rose 3% YoY to ₹4,021 crore.
- HUL Q2 net profit rises 9% YoY to ₹2,187 crore, revenue up 11% to ₹12,724 crore, to pay ₹15 dividend.
- Maruti Suzuki Q2 net profit falls 65% YoY to ₹475 crore, Net sales declined 9.09% to ₹19,297.80 crore.
- TVS Motor Q2 net profit rises 41% to ₹277.6 crore, reports the highest ever revenue of ₹5,619 crore.
- HDFC Life Insurance Q2 net profit down 16% to ₹274 crore; Net premium income up 14% to ₹11,445 crore.
- RIL Q2 net profit rises 43% YoY to ₹13,680 crore, revenue grew 48% to ₹1.74 lakh crore.
- Jio Platforms Q2 net profit rises 23% to ₹3,728 crore, ARPU up at ₹143.6.
- Dr Reddy’s profit rises 30% to ₹992 crore, revenue rises by 18% to ₹5,763 crore in Q2.
|Indices||31-Oct||30-Sep||%1M||01-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||84.38||78.18||7.93%||66.29||27.29%|
|Crude Nymex $||83.57||74.92||11.55%||61.30||36.33%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||21.84%||118.86%||37.60%||26.42%||72.48%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Government Bond 10Y||6.39%|
|Forex Reserves $ M||640100|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII(Rs. crore)||MF(Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||(4,695)||1,119|
|Total Since Jan||59,985||1,23,375|