- SCO Summit: PM Modi calls for reliable supply chain to foster economic recovery.
- World leaders deliberate on regional security situation, enhancing trade and connectivity at SCO Summit.
- Jaishankar Iterates India’s global efforts, censures neighbours for shielding terrorists at UNGA.
- India, UAE and France hold first trilateral ministerial meeting on the sidelines of a UNGA session.
- QUAD nations vow to assist each other in acting against malicious cyber activities. PM Modi and
Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina jointly unveil Unit-I of Maitree Super Thermal Power Project.
- S Jaishankar and Rajnath Singh attend 2nd India-Japan 2+2 ministerial dialogue in Tokyo.
- India, UAE sign MoU to set up cultural forum to strengthen ties between two countries.
- S Jaishankar meets Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Jeddah, apprises him of bilateral ties.
- India signs MoU with Gulf Cooperation Council to facilitate consultation.
- Jaishankar, LIoyd Austin discuss opportunities for bilateral defence industrial cooperation.
- India, France agree to expand cooperation on Indo-Pacific body.
- Lt Gen Anil Chauhan(retd) appointed as new Chief of Defence Staff.
- India and China hold talks in eastern Ladakh, focusing on maintaining security and stability in the region.
- Defence ministry inks ₹1,700 crore deal for additional BrahMos missiles for frontline warships.
- Army installs radar at 15,000 feet in North Sikkim to predict avalanche.
- Indian Army contingent participates in Ex Vostok-2022 in Russia.
- India and Egypt sign MoU in defence, focus on co-production of military platforms.
- PM Modi inaugurates Kartavya Path, formerly called Rajpath; unveils Netaji’s 28ft statue.
- Amit Shah virtually inaugurates, lays foundation stone for various projects worth ₹1,200 crore in Gujarat.
- ISRO demonstrates new tech that can be used for Mars, Venus missions.
- Rahul Gandhi, Congress leaders embark on 3,570 km ‘Bharat Jodo Yatra’ from Kanyakumari till Kashmir.
- AICC Chief polls: Mallikarjun Kharge, Shashi Tharoor, K N Tripathi file nominations.
- Ghulam Nabi Azad floats own party; People of J&K to decide name and flag of the party.
- Amarinder Singh’s party Punjab Lok Congress merges with BJP.
- Former Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat and 7 other Congress MLAs to join BJP.
- 5 of 6 MLAs from Nitish Kumar’s JDU in Manipur merge with BJP.
- Centre, Assam ink peace pact with 8 tribal militant groups.
- Cabinet approves MoU signing between India, UAE on cooperation in education sector.
- India’s total COVID cases at 4.46 crore; worldwide cases at 61.7 crore.
- Govt launches national list of essential medicines; contains 384 medicines.
- National Medical Commission lists 3 universities for temporary relocation of Indian students from Ukraine.
- India’s first indigenously developed vaccine ‘Cervavac’ for cervical cancer prevention launched.
- Tamil Nadu govt rolls out Delhi model school plan; CM Arvind Kejriwal launches scheme.
- Tamil Nadu CM Stalin inaugurates free breakfast scheme for primary school students.
- Karnataka government releases ₹ 300 crore to manage the flood situation in Bengaluru.
- PM Modi launches Cheetah Rehab Project; releases 8 Namibian cheetahs at MP’s Kuno National Park.
- Delhi bans firecrackers till January 01; online delivery, sale restricted.
- Senior Advocate R Venkatramani appointed as the next Attorney General for India.
- Govt appoints Ratan Tata, Sudha Murthy, 4 others as new trustees, advisors of PM CARES fund.
- Supreme Court of India starts live streaming of its Constitution bench proceedings.
- Gujarati film ‘Chhello Show’ becomes India’s official entry for Oscars 2023.
- Queen Elizabeth II, UK’s longest-serving monarch passes away at 96 after reigning for 70 years.
- Prince Charles becomes king; Camilla becomes UK Queen Consort, without sovereign’s powers.
- Liz Truss beats Rishi Sunak in Tory leadership race to be new UK PM.
- Pakistan floods’ death toll nears 1,500; estimated economic loss may cross $40 billion.
- Ukraine pushes major counter-offensive as war with Russia crosses 200 days.
- UN nuclear experts make first inspection of Russian-held Zaporizhzhia power plant in Ukraine.
- EU chief von der Leyen visits Kyiv to discuss economy and EU integration plans.
- Antony Blinken, in Kyiv, unveils $2 billion in US military aid for Europe.
- Putin mobilizes more troops for Ukraine war, threatens nuclear retaliation over Russian-occupied land.
- Russia, China agree to expand defence ties.
- US approves $450 million F-16 fleet sustainment plan to Pakistan to meet counterterrorism threats.
- US President Biden announces launch of annual COVID vaccines for 12+ age group.
- Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi says sanctions must be lifted to reach nuclear deal.
- Sri Lanka`s former President Gotabaya Rajapaksa returns two months after fleeing country.
- Giorgia Meloni becomes Italy’s first ever woman Prime Minister.
- PM Modi declares 36th National Games open in Ahmedabad.
- ICC announces changes in cricket’s playing conditions, using saliva to polish ball permanently prohibited.
- Asia Cup 2022: Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 23 runs to win their sixth title.
- Suresh Raina, Robin Uthappa, Australia captain Aaron Finch announce their retirements.
- IND vs AUS T20I: India win series 2-1, register maiden T20I series win over Australia at home.
- IND-W vs ENG-W: IND-W win ODI series 3-0; ENG-W win T20I series 2-1.
- IND vs SA T20I: India lead the series 1-0.
- PAK vs ENG T20I: 7 match series tied at 3-3; final match to decide winner .
- Neeraj Chopra creates history, wins Diamond League Final with 88.44m throw.
- World Wrestling Championship 2022: Vinesh Phogat grabs Bronze.
- Bajrang Punia becomes 1st Indian to win 4 medals at world wrestling championships, claims bronze.
- US Open: World No 1 Iga Swiatek becomes first Polish woman to win title.
- Carlos Alcaraz win maiden Grand Slam crown; becomes youngest World No. 1 in men’s tennis.
- Roger Federer announces retirement from professional tennis.
World Bank pledges $2 billion in aid to flood-hit Pakistan.
- PM launches National Logistics Policy; aims to bring cost to single-digit.
- Government approves 23 strategic projects under National Technical Textiles Mission.
- Centre releases ₹7,183 crore as revenue deficit grant to 14 states.
- GST collection up 28% in August; above ₹1.4 lakh crore for 6th straight month.
- Govt revises small companies’ definition; doubles paid-up capital limit to ₹4 crore.
- Govt to integrate 30 systems from different ministries for faster, cheaper services.
- Govt extends tenure of the Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 by 6 months till March 2023.
- India overtakes UK to become world’s fifth largest economy.
- India bans export of broken rice, imposes 20% duty on non-Basmati rice, amid Drought in 4 states.
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurates, lays foundation stone of 7 NH projects costing over ₹1,128 crore in Gwalior.
- Centre extends deadline for mandatory six airbags in cars to Oct 1, 2023.
- Cabinet approves 2nd tranche of ₹19,500 crore of PLI scheme to boost manufacturing of solar modules.
- Karnataka signs ₹1.3-lakh crore investment MoUs in renewable energy.
- Govt reduces windfall tax on crude oil from ₹13,000 to ₹10,500 per tonne.
- Jet fuel price cut by 12%, Commercial LPG cylinder price reduced by ₹91.50.
- Andhra Pradesh okays six green energy projects worth ₹81,000 crore.
- Indian railways develops real-time train tracking system in collaboration with ISRO.
- President Murmu inaugurates Integrated Cryogenic Engines Manufacturing Facility of HAL in Bengaluru.
- Railways creates history by operating 2.7-km long freight train ‘Pinaka’ by combining four trains.
- Cinema halls return to Jammu & Kashmir valley after 30 years.
- J&K L-G Manoj Sinha inaugurates and lays foundation stone of 14 projects of Jammu Smart City.
- Maharashtra FDA cancels Johnson & Johnson’s baby powder manufacturing license.
- IBBI amends Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code; permits bankrupt companies to be split.
- RBI hikes Repo rate by 50 bps to 5.9%, fourth rate hike in the current financial year
- RBI retains inflation forecast at 6.7% for FY23; FY23 GDP forecast cut to 7%.
- RBI enables cross-border bill payments via Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS).
- HDFC Bank issues India’s first Electronic Bank Guarantee (e-BG).
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank debuts with 3% discount at ₹495.
- Sri Lanka reaches initial IMF deal for $2.9 billion loan.
- US Fed raises interest rates 75 basis points for 3rd straight time.
- Bank of England hikes by 50 basis points, says UK may already be in recession.
- Euro plunges to 20-year low after Russian gas halt.
- Japanese Yen weakens to ¥143 zone against U.S. dollar in new 24-year low.
- Samsung, Intel showcase world’s first 17-inch ‘slidable’ display for PC.
- Intel unveils 13th gen Raptor Lake processors with up to 24 cores.
- Nokia Collaborates with TCS for new cloud-based human capital management process.
- Biden administration releases plan for $50 billion investment in chips.
- Intel kicks off work on $20 billion semiconductor plant in US.
- Vedanta, Foxconn to invest $19.5 billion in India’s Gujarat for chip project.
- Finance Ministry okays converting Vodafone Idea’s ₹16,100 crore dues to govt equity.
- Government makes IMEI number registration must for every handset.
- Apple starts production of iPhone 14 at Foxconn’s plant near Chennai.
- Rajasthan govt comes up with e-vehicle policy; sanctions ₹40 crore for e-vehicle purchase grant.
- BMW agrees to set up auto parts manufacturing plant in Punjab.
- Hero Electric to set up ₹1,200 crore EV manufacturing plant in Rajasthan.
- Ashok Leyland inks pact with UK-based Libertine for powertrain technology.
- BPCL signs pact with Brazil’s Petrobras to diversify crude oil sourcing.
- Russia’s Gazprom signs gas deal with China to convert payments to ruble, yuan.
- Germany takes subsidiary of Russian oil giant Rosneft under state control.
- Government kickstarts sale process of 2 subsidiaries of erstwhile national carrier Air India.
- DGCA mandates Breath analyser test for all pilots, cabin crew from 15 October.
- Chandigarh airport officially named as Shaheed Bhagat Singh International airport.
- Boeing to pay $200 million to settle SEC probe over 737 Max jetliner.
- India’s first intranasal COVID vaccine by Bharat Biotech gets DCGI approval.
- Serum Institute of India inks with Aspen to sell four vaccines in Africa.
- PepsiCo to invest ₹3,740 crore to set up four industrial units in UP.
- Twitter shareholders approve Elon Musk’s $44 billion takeover deal.
- TerraPay, NPCI collaborate for merchant payments via UPI-enabled QR codes.
- Infibeam Avenues consolidates business in 4 countries with its flagship brand CCAvenue.
- Skill India partners with Samsung to train Indian youth in AI, IoT, BigData, Coding.
- Online education platform upGrad acquires Centum Learning to upskill enterprise workforce.
- Tamil Nadu cabinet approves ordinance to ban online gaming in the state.
- Amazon, Flipkart kickstart their festive season sale.
- Former Tata Sons Chairman Cyrus Mistry dies in car crash near Mumbai.
- Krishnan Sankarasubramaniam takes over as Tamilnad Mercantile Bank MD & CEO.
- Gautam Adani appointed chairman of Ambuja Cements; son Karan to head ACC
I&B Ministry releases operational guidelines for DTH service provider.
|Indices||30-Sep||31-Aug||% 1M||04-Jan||% since Jan|
|Crude Brent $||85.56||95.57||-10.47%||79.77||7.26%|
|Crude Nymex $||79.74||88.49||-9.89%||76.80||3.83%|
|NIFTY SECTORAL INDICES|
|Sectors||BANK NIFTY||CNX IT||CNX AUTO||CNX FMCG||CNX PHARMA|
|% since Jan||4.86%||-31.47%||14.00%||17.47%||-7.61%|
|INDIAN TRADE(USD MILLION)|
|Exports in ($ Bn)||33.92|
|Imports ($ Bn)||61.9|
|Government Bond 10Y||7.40%|
|Forex Reserves ($ Bn)||537520|
|INSTITUTIONAL TRADING ACTIVITY|
|Particulars||FII(Rs. crore)||MF(Rs. crore)|
|Total 1 M||1,060||(7,696)|
|Total Since Jan||(1,55,276)||1,12,073|